So the native resolution on my TV (as I don't have a proper PC monitor) is 1360x768, and I wanna try to record my videos in 1080p 60fps at least. It seems that no matter what I do, my footage ends up looking pixel-y. Mainly I'm trying to record the Yakuza games, and while the cutscenes tend to look fine, the moment to moment gameplay is very pixel-y a lot of the time. If anyone can help me with what the best settings would be, I'd greatly appreciate it.

koala

You simply cannot record 1920x1080 if the game you play just renders with a monitor resolution of 1360x768. The image information for the missing pixels just isn't there. May be you set the game source to fit or stretch to the canvas, so the game is filling the whole video, but you're not adding picture information this way. The resulting video will look blurry. It's just bloated up to the higher resolution with no quality gain - actually, this is quality lost.
Record with the native resolution the game is rendering. Probably 1360x768. Set OBS Settings > Video > canvas resolution and output resolution both to your monitor resolution.
If the quality of your video is still insufficient, run Tools > Auto Configuration Wizard again and make sure afterwards OBS records in simple output mode and you chose one of the available output quality modes and not "Same as stream".

Last edited:
You simply cannot record 1920x1080 if the game you play just renders with a monitor resolution of 1360x768. The image information for the missing pixels just isn't there. May be you set the game source to fit or stretch to the canvas, so the game is filling the whole video, but you're not adding picture information this way. The resulting video will look blurry. It's just bloated up to the higher resolution with no quality gain - actually, this is quality lost.
Record with the native resolution the game is rendering. Probably 1360x768. Set OBS Settings > Video > canvas resolution and output resolution both to your monitor resolution.
If the quality of your video is still insufficient, run Tools > Auto Configuration Wizard again and make sure afterwards OBS records in simple output mode and you chose one of the available output quality modes and not "Same as stream".
I have been recording videos in my native resolution for a while, and while the cutscenes in the Yakuza games (amongst other games I've played) look fine, the moment to moment gameplay tends to be kinda pixel-y, if that's a way to put it.