Recorded wrong desktop audio device. Can I recover audio?

DoMieS

Hello!
I just recorded audio call from messenger for my university research.

After recording I saw that in obs I was selected desktop audio device: default. And default audio was not correct device. It not recorded my desktop audio. My default audio was headphones plugged with aux, but I was using them with bluetooth. It just recorded my mic and not desktop audio.
Maybe there is chance to get my recorded desktop audio? Maybe obs records other devices somewhere?

That call was very important for my studies recearch...
Recording was started 20:04:17 and ended 20:36:13
LOG file:

Please help me.

konsolenritter

Audio devices and tracks that weren't active and intented for record aren't recorded anywhere, elsewhere or somewhere. There is no magic. Unfortunately. For sure you mentioned that already.

Especially in the time range you mentioned your log implies that there are problems in accessing one of your audio devices. It couldn't even initialized, to be specific.

Lesson to be learned: Test exaclty your configuration in advance before such important interview...
No better answer, i'm afraid. Sorry for that.

PaiSand

Maybe there is chance to get my recorded desktop audio? Maybe obs records other devices somewhere?
What's not recorded can't be recovered.
By any chance have you set to record more than 1 audio channel? In that case, may be in another audio channel. Be more carefull when you have to do important recordings like this one. Always test before you do the real one. And if you only need audio, you have a lot of other apps which can help you on this, like Audacity. Again, test and then do the real one.