Recorded Microphone Audio Crackling only during one specific application

filos0phia

Hello, I am trying to record gameplay with voice-over for Owlcat's Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous and for some reason when I record my mic during gameplay, the audio from my mic becomes crackly in the recording, with loud crackles every few seconds. Other AAA games such as Elden Ring and Helldivers 2 don't seem to cause this issue. During the mic crackling, the gameplay audio stays crisp and clear when I record it on a second track.

So far I've tried adjusting volume of the microphone in windows, OBS, and the gain on my mic. I have tried 24 bit 48kHz and 16 bit 41.1kHz synced up in all applications. I have tried using different video encoding with NVENC H.264 and x264. I have tried all included FFmpeg audio encoding options. None of these things seems to make any difference to the crackling.

EDIT: I should also note my CPU usage is between 40-60% depending on the video encoder I'm using and the GPU sits around 50-75% in Task Manager.

I can include a sample recording on request, however I don't seem to be able to upload it directly here so I'll have to find another way to host it.