Question / Help Recorded desktop audio is distorted

D

Deleted member 200327

This problem started after I got a new headset (Razer Kraken 7.1 v2), before the recordings' audio was clear (I used an old pair of headphones).
In OBS I set the desktop audio input as the headset, since the sound only comes out from there.
When I listen to the recordings, the audio always has this "bass boosted" effect with a very low volume, I turned it up with various editing softwares and I could clearly hear that it was a bass boosted and a flat-like sound.
I tried recording the audio with Audacity and I got the same problem, so I switched the PC audio output and the OBS desktop audio input to "Realtek Digital Output", the sound of the recording is great, sometimes the audio lags or some parts of it are cut out, but the real problem is that I can't hear anything if the PC audio output is not set as my headset.
I also tried closing Razer Synapse (a program in which you can change the frequencies of the headset and add effects to the audio), since I made a custom preset, but the audio quality of the recordings is still distorted.
Do you know how I can resolve this OR record another audio output WHILE I use my headset?

Here's the log file.

R-Chivs

This problem started after I got a new headset (Razer Kraken 7.1 v2), before the recordings' audio was clear (I used an old pair of headphones).
In OBS I set the desktop audio input as the headset, since the sound only comes out from there.
When I listen to the recordings, the audio always has this "bass boosted" effect with a very low volume, I turned it up with various editing softwares and I could clearly hear that it was a bass boosted and a flat-like sound.
I tried recording the audio with Audacity and I got the same problem, so I switched the PC audio output and the OBS desktop audio input to "Realtek Digital Output", the sound of the recording is great, sometimes the audio lags or some parts of it are cut out, but the real problem is that I can't hear anything if the PC audio output is not set as my headset.
I also tried closing Razer Synapse (a program in which you can change the frequencies of the headset and add effects to the audio), since I made a custom preset, but the audio quality of the recordings is still distorted.
Do you know how I can resolve this OR record another audio output WHILE I use my headset?

Here's the log file.
did you ever fix this issue? If so, how? I recently got a new pc and am having the same issue (audacity and OBS's audio comes out muffled and distorted) except I can't find anyway to change the PC's audio output.