Record in Dolby Atmos

rockbottom

^^

You won't get Atmos with that plugin either. DTS & Dolby aren't compatible. Anyway, since we're only recording 5.1 or 7.1 with OBS, it's a mute point.

Dolby Atmos is a surround sound technology developed by Dolby Laboratories. It expands on existing surround sound systems by adding height channels, allowing sounds to be interpreted as three-dimensional objects with neither horizontal nor vertical limitations.[1][2] Following the release of Atmos for the cinema market, a variety of consumer technologies have been released under the Atmos brand, using in-ceiling and up-firing speakers.

^^

You won't get Atmos with that plugin either. DTS & Dolby aren't compatible. Anyway, since we're only recording 5.1 or 7.1 with OBS, it's a mute point.

Dolby Atmos is a surround sound technology developed by Dolby Laboratories. It expands on existing surround sound systems by adding height channels, allowing sounds to be interpreted as three-dimensional objects with neither horizontal nor vertical limitations.[1][2] Following the release of Atmos for the cinema market, a variety of consumer technologies have been released under the Atmos brand, using in-ceiling and up-firing speakers.
I'm thinking of trying the plugin since I just stream motorsorts races, I'm hoping the spatial aspects will make people feel more like they are at the track. Then if someone could come up with Smell-O-Vision, I'd be golden. I really don't want to have to go through bringing in protools or Resolve.

rockbottom

Surround works great with OBS but everything needs to be in surround, from the source all the way through final playback.

Actually, I have all the separate sources I need from cams and mics and interface. Remodeling the bedroom to a studio for the streams I edit down. That I'll use Davinci for.