Recommended settings

Cruel Alchemist

Hey so I'm wanting my obs footage is laggy whenever I try to record at 60fps and I was hoping someone could give me some recommended setting for 1080p 60fps recording with no lag. My laptop specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600H CPU with Raedon integrated
Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU
Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) RAM clocked at 3200MHZ (with 4.1 going to the my CPU's integrated graphics)
and I have my recording path going to a captures folder on a 4tb external hard drive

PaiSand

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change anything.
Restart OBS (!important)
Test it as is. If all goes well, you can try changing the quality presets for a better one and test.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

Remember that the windows video player isn't good enough. You should watch the videos you record with VLC player.

Cruel Alchemist

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change anything.
Restart OBS (!important)
Test it as is. If all goes well, you can try changing the quality presets for a better one and test.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

Remember that the windows video player isn't good enough. You should watch the videos you record with VLC player.
here u go https://obsproject.com/logs/sxvyTgsgEOTuJ5aH

PaiSand

Did you look at the Analizer and followed it's directions and recommendations?
From where you downloaded OBS? It's the first time I see such info on a log file.

Cruel Alchemist

Did you look at the Analizer and followed it's directions and recommendations?
From where you downloaded OBS? It's the first time I see such info on a log file.
I did check the analyzer, but even then the framerate was still inconsistent
as for where I downloaded OBS I got it from the official website

PaiSand

Official website is this site. That's why I was asking. It's the first time I see this error. May be an issue on the instalation.
You should check for file integrity (help menu)

To capture games it's better to use game capture, or window capture, not display capture.
The antivirus may be causing issues too. As long as you have safe behaiviour with your computer (meaning no piracy of any kind) you don't need any other antivirus than the one that comes with windows. Most antiviruses are too intrusive and causes more issues than help.

Last edited:

Cruel Alchemist

Official website is this site. That's why I was asking. It's the first time I see this error. May be an issue on the instalation.
You should check for file integrity (help menu)

To capture games it's better to use game capture, or window capture, not display capture.
The antivirus may be causing issues too. As long as you have safe behaiviour with your computer (meaning no piracy of any kind) you don't need any other antivirus than the one that comes with windows. Most antiviruses are too intrusive and causes more issues than help.
deleted my antivirus and used game capture and it ran more smoothly
used game capture a while back and it was still laggy so it was probably my antivirus IDK why it was interfere with OBS's performance ngl

AaronD

deleted my antivirus and used game capture and it ran more smoothly
used game capture a while back and it was still laggy so it was probably my antivirus IDK why it was interfere with OBS's performance ngl
Antivirus must be intrusive, in order to catch other things that are that intrusive. For that reason, most AV products will detect each other as malware too. It's not an anti-competitive thing, just the nature of how it has to work. And *anything* that intrusive, regardless of intentions, can easily cause all sorts of problems.