Random huge amounts of dropped frames after a month of streaming fine at 6000 kbps

ml1kok

For about a month I've been using OBS to stream a variety of things. Up until now, I have had no problems with bitrate. My internet upload and download speeds are well over the amount it needs to be to stream at 6000 kbps, and I have been able to easily... until today. I am connected to my internet through an ethernet cable. I have changed my settings over and over again (in obs), I have unplugged my router and plugged it back in, and I have checked to see if it was a problem on the ISP's side. I have gone from 0 dropped frames to 40%+ dropped frames down to even 600kbps overnight. If anyone can help me figure out a sliver of the issue I would highly appreciate it. Streaming is an important thing to me and I don't want to let it go because of this stupid little bitrate issue. Thank you in advance! (I should also mention I stream on YouTube)

Attachments

• 2024-03-18 21-37-40.txt
    29.1 KB · Views: 62

qhobbes

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature added with Windows 10 is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. One of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Line (2- PreSonus AudioBox iTwo): 44100 Hz
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
3. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Limited".
4. Dropped frames can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS. Your gigabit-capable network card is only connecting at 100mbps. This may indicate a bad network cable or outdated router / switch which could be impacting network performance.
5. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (game).
6. Enable Dynamic Bitrate in the Advanced Network Settings.

If still having issues, post new log.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'd posit that running YUV mode: Rec. 709/Full
along with other CPU load on PC, _could_ be overwhelming CPU, and that could lead to dropped frames depending on Security s/w as well as NIC software/driver. maybe.. granted a well written, NIC, and other software not in path means CPU overload shouldn't lead to dropped frames... but not somethign I'd count on on a typical user PC, and especially not a gaming PC

Then again, maybe there are some stats at the bottom of the OBS Studio log which I have looked into, that indicates CPU overload isn't an issue?
Also, network issues associated with streamelements is common. if there is an issue getting network replies from streamlements, that could, depending on specifics, impact network stack (seen it before in these forums)

And just to check, your NIC isn't plugged into a WiFi bridge, or anything like that is it? ie, no WiFi from PC to Internet? and not a cellular ISP link?