Question / Help Random audio delay every time I start stream

mtnlol

Hey, something weird is going on with my stream. Every time I stream there's a random and often different audio delay, sometimes it's perfect, sometimes it's 1 second, sometimes it's 2 seconds. I can fix this manually by entering sync offset but that means I have to spend time fixing that at the start of every stream since it's different every time. Any idea what could be causing this?

Also I forgot to add, it always works fine when recording.

Last edited:

mtnlol

MeTheRebel

Well something changed in the meantime. You are here to ask for help with your problem so when someone gives you a possible solution you give it a try so next time you post I want to hear if your problem is fixed or not. Also you should've uploaded your log file. Find a log file from a longer stream or do a stream for at least 5 minutes then "Help -> Log Files -> Upload current log file"

mtnlol

Well something changed in the meantime. You are here to ask for help with your problem so when someone gives you a possible solution you give it a try so next time you post I want to hear if your problem is fixed or not. Also you should've uploaded your log file. Find a log file from a longer stream or do a stream for at least 5 minutes then "Help -> Log Files -> Upload current log file"
I did what you said by the way, sorry if I made it seem like I ignored your advice. Will update tonight if I notice an audio delay.

Jgr9

You sure it always works fine when recording?

As for fixing my delay issues, (which usually keeps increasing most times as soon as I start a stream/recording) is by changing the default format in the output device settings and changing it back. That fixes it for me, but it's still annoying as hell.

I'm wondering... What were they using at E3? I saw like 4 or 5 streams where they had to fix the audio desync mid-stream. XD (that started at the beginning of the stream)

mtnlol

You sure it always works fine when recording?

As for fixing my delay issues, (which usually keeps increasing most times as soon as I start a stream/recording) is by changing the default format in the output device settings and changing it back. That fixes it for me, but it's still annoying as hell.
Out of the 5 or so times I've tried recording, audio has been perfectly synced every time. Also it doesn't change the longer I stream, it's either synced at the start and will stay synced or its desynced from the start.

Jgr9

Mine happens in both recording and streaming. Delay starts immediately at half a second or so and then sometimes increases the next I start a recording/stream and just keeps increasing with new recordings/streams. (1 at a time obviously).

mtnlol

Ok I can confirm installing that apple thing did NOT fix my issue. Still having random delays, one stream was fine and now I got 1 second delay.

Harold

Your audio desync is likely caused by you overloading your system that little bit that's enough to cause problems.
Try at 30fps instead of 60.

Roberto Moraes

I'm having a very similar problem, but on an iMac and using Black Magic's ATEM Switcher while streaming to Facebook Live. Sometimes works, sometimes not, tried it wight the switcher and without. It works for some long and some short streams, and I will run a test stream and it will be synced, then an official on-air stream and it will be unsynced! After shutting everything off and rebooting, with no changes anywhere, it will lose sync, both on the live and afterwards on the recording of that live. (I don't have the log as I am at home, but I can post one tomorrow at work) Does OBS run any auto config for nitrate that may be affecting it, are there some settings for delay that can force it to sync up? It's great program, and I love using it, but this unsync issue unfortunately makes it neigh impossible to use consistently.

mtnlol

Your audio desync is likely caused by you overloading your system that little bit that's enough to cause problems.
Try at 30fps instead of 60.
Can confirm this is not the cause and I'm still having the problems with the newest OBS update. Would really appreciate any help on this.

mtnlol

Here is the log file from a 3 hour stream I did yesterday, audio was delayed during this stream.

Attachments

• 2016-07-14 03-33-57.txt
    19 KB · Views: 106

mtnlol

Although mostly stable, you're still running your system pretty borderline to max.
Well, it doesn't lag for me or the viewers so surely it should be fine. Also since audio is delayed from the first second on the stream I really don't think that's the cause.