Resource icon

Free Rachni: Private Streaming Platform Front-end 0.9.4

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Fenrir submitted a new resource:

Rachni: Private Streaming Platform Front-end - Complete front-end for your own private streaming platform

Given the frustrations I've dealt with using established streaming platforms, and a desire to remain in control of my own services, I put together a a front-end for nginx-rtmp. The main focus is a streamlined experience over the bloat of other streaming platforms.

Current features:

• Account System -- Lets users sign up for the site, with email verification to activate accounts. Allows for password resets. Other account features are planned (see GitHub Issues)
  • Private...

Read more about this resource...

Melbs

How much bandwidth would you need if you were to host it on a VPS? I guess for a 4.5 bitrate stream with just like 1 or 2 viewers?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
How much bandwidth would you need if you were to host it on a VPS? I guess for a 4.5 bitrate stream with just like 1 or 2 viewers?

Default config doesn't do any transcoding, so whatever you send it will be sent out at the same bitrate. If you're streaming at 4500 bitrate in, for two viewers you'll need roughly 9000kbps upload to support it.

kihnyx

Are there any hardware requirements? RAM, CPU, etc.? What would I need hardware-wise to restream to 4 different sites? What if I have transcoding as well?

Last edited:

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Are there any hardware requirements? RAM, CPU, etc.? What would I need hardware-wise to restream to 4 different sites? What if I have transcoding as well?

I'm reluctant to post any kind of hardware requirements because each use case differs pretty drastically. For the base site, requirements are fairly low (I'm pretty sure this would run on a raspberry pi without much trouble) and most of the requirements would be bandwidth. If you start introducing transcoding, there's too many variables to give you a reasonable answer.

Without transcoding, pretty much any modern multi-core CPU with about a gig of ram should be fine.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Large update to include stream chat!

chrome_2016-10-30_00-16-19.png

Note that the stream chat functionality is very early in development. It should work, but expect there to be bugs.

Laope

can i use this to stream with high bitrate to a 2nd PC and that PC do the heavy cpu work to stream to twitch?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
can i use this to stream with high bitrate to a 2nd PC and that PC do the heavy cpu work to stream to twitch?

That is not within the scope of this project. This aims to be a central point to send all video to, and then viewed back in the front-end website.

A capture card will be much better suited for your setup.