Question / Help Quicksync stream is EXTREMELY choppy!

So, I've recently discovered that I can use Quicksync for streaming, as I don't have NVENC, and as far as I can tell, it works perfectly!
However, when I want to record, what would be better to use? I don't have the best CPU, as putting anything above superfast in x264 lags my stream (but I was streaming after all, maybe filming will do me better?).
I'm not currently on my computer so I can't give many details, but just overall, what's generally the better option for recording?

If you need more details I can get you some when I get home :)

koala

For recording, use Quicksync with ICQ as rate control, or CQP if ICQ isn't available. Use a quality value of 18-23. For recording, this results in the same perfect recording quality as nvenc or x264.
For streaming, Quicksync is not as good as nvenc or x264, but better Quicksync and no lost frames than x264 and an overloaded CPU with lost frames and choppy stream.

For recording, use Quicksync with ICQ as rate control, or CQP if ICQ isn't available. Use a quality value of 18-23. For recording, this results in the same perfect recording quality as nvenc or x264.
For streaming, Quicksync is not as good as nvenc or x264, but better Quicksync and no lost frames than x264 and an overloaded CPU with lost frames and choppy stream.
I'll give it a go soon, because if this fixes my choppy streams for good then man, you're a legend!

Also, just to ask, is a higher quality value on ICQ better?
Also what settings are best for Quicksync streaming, and I'll work around from there.

koala

ICQ values are the same as with every quality-based preset: the lower the number, the better the quality (and the larger the file size).
With streaming, you don't have any special additional option. Set the desired bitrate and keep everything else on default.

Boildown

23:32:31.747: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 21251
23:32:31.747: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 20769 (21306 attempted)
23:32:31.747: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 537 (2.5%)

So its your GPU that's the problem (rendering lag means GPU). The log says you're using a NVIDIA GeForce MX150, which isn't confidence inspiring. But you also have the Intel GPU, can't tell which one you're using for the rendering. Not even sure which one would be better to use. You might try whatever you weren't using.

If that doesn't work, I'd reduce the complexity of your scenes and see if that works (start with just the game nothing else, as a test). If there's still lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls, then I'd lower the video resolution or halve the framerate.

So its your GPU that's the problem (rendering lag means GPU). The log says you're using a NVIDIA GeForce MX150, which isn't confidence inspiring. But you also have the Intel GPU, can't tell which one you're using for the rendering. Not even sure which one would be better to use. You might try whatever you weren't using.

If that doesn't work, I'd reduce the complexity of your scenes and see if that works (start with just the game nothing else, as a test). If there's still lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls, then I'd lower the video resolution or halve the framerate.
OK, so the intel one is my integrated GPU right, and because I'm on a laptop, I'm pretty sure game capture won't work if I switch it to integrated in the NVIDIA control panel, right?