Question / Help Quick Sync and Windows 10

TheWirelessGod

Before I upgraded to Windows 10, I had Intel QuickSync working perfectly with OBS. But when I upgraded to Win10 it got rid of my virtual monitor for QuickSync and I attempted to add it in again but I got an error when I try to extend my desktop to it "The display settings could not be saved. please try a different combination of display settings" thus I cannot use quick sync anymore since it wont let me make the virtual monitor for OBS. Anyone else having this issue? I can't find much solutions for this.

Tyraxiss

I'm also unable to use quick sync mainly because for the life of me I can't even find where the option is to enable the virtual monitor at all lol

Krelian

You don't need virtual monitor for obs, just activate the igpu and install drivers and obs will let you record with quick sync, there was an update for intel gpu and windows 10 a couple of days ago, i am using them and quick sync works perfect.

DEDRICK

You don't need virtual monitor for obs, just activate the igpu and install drivers and obs will let you record with quick sync, there was an update for intel gpu and windows 10 a couple of days ago, i am using them and quick sync works perfect.

This is correct, it has been like this since 8.1. Only Windows 7 needs a "fake" monitor. That being said, QuickSync works for me in Windows 10 but ew, QuickSync

TheWirelessGod

It seems like with my processor (i5 2500k) I can't download that new driver unfortunately.

Update Intel HD Driver still crashing with QSV enabled (after 5-6 hours and sometimes more)

Windows 8.1 latest Driver no problems ... Win10 Drivers still buggy or OBS not full Win10 compatible yet ??

Krelian

Update Intel HD Driver still crashing with QSV enabled (after 5-6 hours and sometimes more)

Windows 8.1 latest Driver no problems ... Win10 Drivers still buggy or OBS not full Win10 compatible yet ??

i don't think is the driver, i use quick sync all the time for my videos and still didn't have the first problem yet on win10.

i don't think is the driver, i use quick sync all the time for my videos and still didn't have the first problem yet on win10.

You have no problems at all ok ... but i am doing livestreaming (not encoding offline videos!!) and here it is crashing with my blackmagic capture device.

Have installed 8.1 again and no crash anymore.

If the Intel Drivers are ok, then there is something with OBS under Win10. Hope the Devs can find it ...

TheWirelessGod

Can you link me this driver? It keeps telling me I have to update through windows update but it isn't showing any updates...

Mats Dallaire

I have a i5 2500k and I had a lot of trouble trying to make Quicksync work on Windows 10. Intel stopped updating driver for HD 3000 so the only option is to create a virtual monitor, but for some reason I could not create a virtual monitor like I did on Windows 7 (I got this error : "The display settings could not be saved. please try a different combination of display settings").

So I finally got a good idea and tried plugging my second monitor in my motherboard. It activated Intel HD 3000 and at the same time it made quicksync available in OBS.

Tyraxiss

Mats Dallaire, I had to do the same thing. I use a Intel i5-2400 which uses the Intel® HD Graphics 2000 so no updated drivers. But like you I hooked up a spare monitor I had laying around and just keep it turned off and it's working. So while it's not as convenient as the win7 virtual monitor at-least it's working. One of these days I will get the cash together to upgrade my motherboard and cpu lol

koala

You don't necessarily need 2 physical monitors to just activate Quicksync this way.

Many monitors have 2 or 3 inputs. For example, my monitor has one DVI, one VGA and one HDMI input. Plug the DVI or HDMI input to your game graphics card, and plug the VGA input to the Intel graphics adapter. This should bring up 2 monitors in Windows. You can even switch between the 2 screens with the OSM of your monitor (or physical keys on the monitor itself) by choosing the appropriate input. If you only want 1 monitor within Windows, choose "disconnect" (but don't remove) the Intel display from within Windows control panel.