Quick crashes related to d3d11.dll, libobs, and transitions?

D

Deleted member 44237

Good morning- running into an intermittent issue with OBS Studio crashing.

This issue seemed to appear after an update to Windows yesterday evening, but these could potentially be unrelated.

The program has been crashing every single time I open it- sometimes within seconds of opening it and sometimes after 5-10 minutes of light use with/without recording. Below is what is always cited in the crash log, but the full crash log as well as a log file are included.

Unhandled exception: c0000005
Date/Time: 2021-09-12, 09:34:20
Fault address: 7FFD3BD88BF9 (c:\windows\system32\d3d11.dll)
libobs version: 27.0.1 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 19042 (release: 2009; revision: 1165; 64-bit)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor

Thread 159C: libobs: graphics thread (Crashed)

This often happens after transitioning from one scene to another, which has never been an issue. Sometimes when recording, it will also manifest as still allowing me to change scenes, but not visually changing the scene, just the one selected and sources shown in the window on studio itself. Once this happens, if I stop recording, it will get locked up with the button reading "Stopping Recording..."

Solutions attempted:

- Attempted to delete any new assets added, including a looping media source and a couple larger gifs.
- Updated graphics driver.
- Restart PC multiple times.
- Change from using a stinger transition to a normal provided transition- including deleting the stinger transition from obs studio entirely.

I've not had any issues prior to the last 24 hours so I've tried to retrace my steps as best as possible, but I'm a bit lost at this point. Any help is appreciated- thank you!

Attachments

• Crash 2021-09-12 09-42-19.txt
    150 KB · Views: 60
  • 2021-09-12 10-04-43.txt
    34.2 KB · Views: 34
D

Deleted member 44237

I've additionally reverted the Windows update, ran as administrator, and also reinstalled OBS Studio with no effect.

The crash is also very easily reproducible if I:
- Open OBS Studio
- Start recording
- Switch to any scene with any transition set
- Crash prompt appears

D

Deleted member 44237

Any suggestions would be immensely helpful. I have reinstalled OBS Studio, wiped all my profile data, remade everything, and while initially this issue was no longer present, it has since come back again.

D

Deleted member 44237

Issue resolved: very very rarely OBS Studio would give a different crash where the StreamDeck dll was tagged as the reason for the crash instead. Removed the dll and the issue stopped occurring.