Question / Help Question about using AVerMedia Live Gamer Ultra (GC553) capture card in streaming PC setup

Ringostarr1991

I've decided that in order to alleviate all the headaches I have with NDI (I wish I could get it to reliably work well), I'm just going to go the capture card route. At the moment, I'm using a Elgato HD60 Pro that I was using for console captures. I simply connect a HDMI cable from my Gaming PC's GPU and send it to the Elgato HD60 Pro in my streaming PC.

However, with this set up I am limited to 1080p60hz. On my gaming PC, I run my games at 1440p144hz and if possible, I'd like to send out a 1440p60z signal to my streaming PC and have that PC have a much more detailed signal to work with before encoding it to a 720p60hz signal for Twitch. So that's why the Live Gamer Ultra capture card from AVerMedia caught my eye. It can (from what I've read) take a 1440p144hz signal so I'm assuming it can easily do 1440p60hz. What I am worried about is my streaming PC. AVerMedia provides the following "minimal" specs for their card:

Intel® Core™ i5-6XXX or above
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or above
8 GB RAM

My current streaming PC has:
Ryzen 5 2600X (stock clock)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
8 GB RAM

Currently I set up my scenes in OBS Studio on my Gaming PC then send the whole preview window over the HMDI signal to the Elgato HD60 Pro in the Streaming PC. I take that signal and use it as a "Video Capture Source" in OBS Studio then just add a microphone source. Then boom send it to Twitch. This setup with my current graphics card seems pretty fine. In Windows Task Manager, I don't see the card go above 50% utilization. Is it possible that AVerMedia's "GTX 1060" requirement is way too high? Or is there something I'm not understanding and that whatever the GC553 is doing requires a crap ton more computing?

Narcogen

The HD60 does not support resolutions higher than 1080p60. For Elgato, the card you need for 2160p60 is the 4K60Pro.

If you're using a capture card... don't also run OBS on the gaming machine. Just connect your GPU's output to the capture device, and then the passthrough connector to your monitor. You then run your scenes and overlays on the streaming machine.

Ringostarr1991

The HD60 does not support resolutions higher than 1080p60. For Elgato, the card you need for 2160p60 is the 4K60Pro.

If you're using a capture card... don't also run OBS on the gaming machine. Just connect your GPU's output to the capture device, and then the passthrough connector to your monitor. You then run your scenes and overlays on the streaming machine.

Hello and thank you for your response. I am well aware that the HD60 Pro does not support anything above 1080p60hz. My post is asking about the AVerMedia Live Gamer Ultra which can achieve the resolution and frame rate that I am looking to send to my Streaming PC (1440p60hz). I am worried about the required specs AVerMedia has set forth and was wondering if it is indeed what they say you should have or if there is some wiggle room since a 2 PC setup moreso balances out the load rather than trying to run everything on one PC.

Narcogen

I doubt there's that much wiggle room. Most capture card vendors are assuming you're not capturing a signal from the same PC-- it would assumed to be an external device of some kind (another PC, gaming console, camera, whatever). The requirements they list are for running the software necessary to capture the signal you want from the card on the PC the card is connected to.