Quad mic resolving channel mapping chaos in OBS Studio

HaujetZhao

My laptop has four mic, representing 4 channels. When I use Audacity or Adobe Audition recording, they only uses the 1st and 3rd mic, recording correct stereo audio.

But when I use OBS recording, setting the audio channel to be Stereo, the issue comes. The 1st mic maps the left channel, the 3rd mic maps the right channel, but the 2nd mic maps both left and right channel, and the 4th mic also maps both left and right channel. The 3rd and 4th mic shouldn't have be enabled, but now these 2 are enabled, and ruined the stereo effect.

Then, I changed the OBS audio channel setting to 4.0, the weird thing comes: The 1st mic maps the 1st channel, the 2nd mic maps the 3rd channel, but the 3rd mic maps 2nd channel, and the 4th mic also maps 4th channel.

I wish OBS could fix this issue, recording a correct stereo audio on a laptop which has 4 mic. Or, if OBS could provide a mic map channel setting, giving more audio control to users, it would be far better.

Is there a usable solution to make obs record correct stereo audio on my quad mic laptop?

Snipaste_2020-09-09_23-12-09.png

1599664781075.png