Resource icon

All Versions Q&A About Dual PC Stream Audio Setup

Blackhive

Blackhive submitted a new resource:

Q&A About Dual PC Stream Audio Setup - Audio, Dual PC Setup, Mixer, Microphone, Adapters

I've had quite a few people asking me about Dual PC stream audio, more specifically in regards to using mixers such as the q802, q1202, or using the same microphone on both pcs without hearing yourself echo. I responded to a private message, and felt it would be nice to share this info with other people.

**First, the microphone**

Lets say you have this new shiny microphone, but you want to use it on both computers. You also don't want to hear yourself echo...

Read more about this resource...

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Please...
ibbD5583VQ7TGL.png

Blackhive

nice setup, I didn't even know about the xlr split+blue icicle usb conversion. The issue I've come across the most is USB powered audio devices picking up electrical noise. The behringer mixers dont have this issue because they have a seperate power source. Unfortunately even most of the focusrite stuff has this issue. I use my current at2020 through the mixer and just deal with the echo because its better than getting the usb powered electric noise buzz my yeti was getting. I'm thinking of trying something like this in replacement of the focusrite because it has a seperate power supply:

http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-US-2x2...=UTF8&qid=1422044390&sr=1-44&keywords=xlr+usb

Last edited:

Videophile

Elgato
nice setup, I didn't even know about the xlr split+blue icicle usb conversion. The issue I've come across the most is USB powered audio devices picking up electrical noise. The behringer mixers dont have this issue because they have a seperate power source. Unfortunately even most of the focusrite stuff has this issue. I use my current at2020 through the mixer and just deal with the echo because its better than getting the usb powered electric noise buzz my yeti was getting. I'm thinking of trying something like this in replacement of the focusrite because it has a seperate power supply:

http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-US-2x2-USB-Audio-Interface/dp/B00MIXF2RS/ref=sr_1_44?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1422044390&sr=1-44&keywords=xlr usb
I had the same sound issue.

What solved it for me was using broadcast headphones, specifically the Audio Technica BPHS-1.

Here is a recent VOD, which I use the headphones, and use a Blue icicle XLR to USB: http://www.twitch.tv/ltroyalshrimp/c/5942784

If you jump around to different points, you will also notice there is no mouse clicking or Keyboard sound.

I have attached a diagram showing the way I plan to stream with 2 computers to twitch using the AVermedia live gamer HD I'll be playing games on one and streaming on the other at the same time, is the AVermedia card connected correctly? basically I want to stream the content from my main PC but use the streaming PC to encode it and stream it live to twitch.

Also I I'll be using an XLR microphone for commentary while playing games, have I connected it correctly so the people watching my stream via twitch will hear me? as you can see I'm using headphones on my main PC which are connected to a sound card how can I send the sound to my streaming PC so the people watching can hear the game play sounds like I would through my headset? as you can see I haven't connected my headset to anything as I cant figure a way on how to do it, this is my first attempt so still a noob at it, hope you guys can clarify it for me, thanks Mark

Attachments

• Dualpcstreamtotwitch.PNG
    Dualpcstreamtotwitch.PNG
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,375
I have read through all the posts and I have a similar issue, but not quite.

Before I get invest in the amp, I thought I would explain my setup and see if someone can suggest what I am doing wrong.

Gaming PC
When I record game play/stream - I change my default sound from the Realtek High Definition Audio to a Turtle Beach USB sound card that my 3.5mm headset is plugged into.

Additionally I have a 3.5mm "Y" adapter that splits the audio:
1 - is for the headset
2 - to the component in on the AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3 [on the streaming pc]

Streaming PC
AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3
HDMI in from the Gaming PC is for the video [configured in the Avermedia software for capturing]
Component in from the Gaming PC is for the audio [configured in the Avermedia software for capturing]
AT2020 Microphone is plugged in

When I play games and record for lets play, the audio is pretty good.

The problem that I am having, with the above setup, when I stream the game audio is too low

I am not sure if I should continue with how my OBS is setup because I might have this setup all wrong?

In OBS:
I have the AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3 setup as a Global Source via Video Capture Device. I am pretty much using the default settings, but since I am using the component input for the audio. I had to go into the AVerMedia ExtremeCap U3 configure options and change the AudioInput from the Audio S/PIF to Audio Line. [which doesn't stick and I have to change each time]

That is it, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

LushenAZN

So i recently bought a Behringer Q502USB audio mixer for my dual PC streaming setup. I followed everything from your guide but the audio from the gaming PC is going to the streaming PC as a recording device. Which screws me over atm because i have a AT2020 USB+ as the mic. So my question is, is that normal for the audio from the gaming pc being sent to the streaming pc as a recording device?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
In the example setup both the desktop and microphone sound are put together in the mixer, so its no problem. In your case you could use OBS and do the following:
(v0.62+) If you need to use a recording device such as a Line In or Mic as your primary OBS device, close OBS and find your profile .ini file in %appdata%\obs\profiles. Under [Audio] add InputDevicesForDesktopSound=1

OR OBS-MP, which allows you to use more than one recording device for input by default.

huemaster

@Jack0r I've got a dual PC set up with working video but no audio. I have tried numerous things and can't seem to get the audio working the way I want it to. Here is a list of all the equipment and cables I have.
I originally had the TRS 3.5mm to dual 1/4' cables plugged into channels 5/6 and 7/8. Channel 5/6 (gaming audio) went into the Line out on sound card 1 while 7/8 (VOIP) went into the Line out on sound card 2 on my gaming PC. The AUX cable was plugged into the Mic in on sound card 2 on the gaming PC. The mic was plugged into channel 1 via XLR and the mixer was plugged into the streaming PC via USB. I've attached a diagram of how I hooked it up.

The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 has not been used yet which is why it's not in the diagram.

So here are my questions,
  1. Am I plugging in everything correctly?
  2. Am I missing any certain cables?
  3. How would I connect my mixer to the Scarlett?
Now when it comes to the recording and playback tabs, I have my Realtek Digital Output (optical) as my default device under the playback tab (this is how I'm able to hear because of the headset I have). My microphone is set as default under recording and I have both stereo mixes set to my headset under "listen to this device". When it is set like this, the stream can't hear anything but when I set "speakers Realtek High Definition Audio" as default, my friends can hear my game audio through a VOIP program on the stream PC and the stream STILL can't hear anything. Ill show you some pictures of my playback and recording tabs so you can see what I'm working with.

Under audio settings in obs, the desktop audio was "speakers from mixer" and the mic was "line in"

So what I would like to know is
  1. What should be set to default under my playback and recording tabs?
  2. What should my obs setting be?
Sorry for so many questions. I did make a thread about this but I haven't had much help.

Attachments

• stream setup.png
    stream setup.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 544
  • all devices shown.png
    all devices shown.png
    87 KB · Views: 420

bst4r

Thanks for the article Blackhive !!

I have just one problem left which I can't fix I need your help guys . when Im connecting my Sennheiser Game Zer0 microphone with a Y cable to th mixer ( Behringer xenyx 802 USB) and the Gaming PC microphone jack on the back .
***Here is the problem : When both connected Its giving a sound like a lawn mower ( not that loud but you can hear a lot) and people complain ingame that I sound like a hurricane

Can you guys please help me to fix this?!
Thank you all for the help

Check the attached pics
http://imgur.com/gallery/ElHCw

TOYOURRESQ

Is there any chance someone has the image that was on thre bottom of Blackhives guide ,l need to set my audio up and the image is no longer there, it will be a great help.

SquareBunny

Thanks for the guide! But I still have one question: how powerful should be streaming PC? I want to build second machine for dual setup, but I don't know optimal config.

I think video card is not really important in streaming machine because most of realtime encoding in OBS are processed by CPU? How powerful CPU should be to keep stable 1080p60?

iAustin247

Following this review I have almost everything listed I was just wondering if you have the final set-up photo to post. Its not showing up for me and was wondering if you could link it.

Homezonebenny

If you use a Yeti, is there a quality difference between the 3.5mm and the USB?
Because IF there is a quality difference I would use the better one (USB) for the streaming PC for sure.
If there isn't a quality difference I would put the USB to the gaming PC.
Why?

Because of this:
- If you only use the gaming PC your Yeti is powerless (no USB Power from Streaming PC)
That means if you stream a simple game only with your "gaming pc" and not with the streaming PC.
Or you just play a game without streaming, the Yeti wouldn't have power through the USB-Port of the shut down streaming PC. So the best solution for this would be, to put the USB to the gaming PC.
So the mic can be used if you only use the gaming PC. And if you use both, the 3.5mm is pluged into the streaming PC.

Someone tested this?
I'm just curious if there is a quality difference. I guess it is a difference for sure.
But you never know until you tested it :)

sven

I Have a Rode Procaster and a Mixer Yamaha MG10XU.

I Need the Mic Sound on my Gaming PC for Arma 3 Taskforce for lakeside and more. Any idea we i made this ? sry for my bad eng.

I Hope any Guy have a Nice Idea thanks for helping me

juicygiraffe

I really need that Image that shows you how to connect everything. I purchased everything that i needed to but i have no idea how to connect everything. I have an xlr mic, mixer, scarlet 2i2, and every cable and attachment it said to buy. Can someone help me out?