Question / Help Push Hotkeys

Krafte

I've seen a lot of streamers and specifically rust streamers that have a push hotkey so when they push down their map key it makes an image come on so people can't stream snipe. I've looked in the settings and the only push hotkeys I see are muting mics and unmuting. I have heard that streamers say its a plugin but I have looked everywhere and can't find it. If anyone knows the plugin or maybe if I'm missing something in settings please help!. Thank you!

koala

First create an image source (or whatever source type you like) that contains your mask image. Then go to the hotkey settings of OBS, and you will find this source and the option to assign hotkeys to show/hide this source. If you assign the same hotkey for both actions, it is a toggle.

Krafte

First create an image source (or whatever source type you like) that contains your mask image. Then go to the hotkey settings of OBS, and you will find this source and the option to assign hotkeys to show/hide this source. If you assign the same hotkey for both actions, it is a toggle.
Yea but I don't think you understand what I quite want or I probably didn't explain it good enough. I would want the image to be unhidden on the release of the key not if I take my finger off the key and press it again

koala

Now I understand. You have a game where a map is only shown as long as you press the map key. If you release the map key, the map vanishes. Sorry, as far as I know, this is functionality isn't mirrored in OBS for show/hide operations.

You can probably build this with Autohotkey.
One macro for "mapkey down". Autohotkey action: Press hide key
One macro for "mapkey up". Autohotkey action: Press hide key

Considering map key is "m" and the toggle key for your mask image is CTRL-ALT-T

Try this (and substitute the name_of_game.exe name of your game):
Code:
#Warn
#SingleInstance, Force
#NoEnv

#IfWinActive ahk_exe name_of_game.exe
~m::Send ^!t
~m up::Send ^!t
If you don't understand this, forget I ever wrote it.

Krafte

Yea man i don't use autohotkey but thanks for the help. Sadly it doesn't benefit me. Do you know any plugins that help with this?

OriginalNex

I am actually planning on doing a gaming channel for both Twitch and YouTube and I am planning on doing RUST obviously I'd be starting doing both NEW so I am a NOOB yes unfrotunatly I am riddled with NOOBNESS in this degree however be kind I ONCE was an ADVENTURER LIKE YOU BEFORE I TOOK A NOOB ARROW TO THE KNEE...ANYWAY
My question would be when I do get streaming live with RUST how do I make sure no one sees me put codes in the locks to my properties (HOUSES) bases... while Live streaming.

GamingGuyLV

I am actually planning on doing a gaming channel for both Twitch and YouTube and I am planning on doing RUST obviously I'd be starting doing both NEW so I am a NOOB yes unfrotunatly I am riddled with NOOBNESS in this degree however be kind I ONCE was an ADVENTURER LIKE YOU BEFORE I TOOK A NOOB ARROW TO THE KNEE...ANYWAY
My question would be when I do get streaming live with RUST how do I make sure no one sees me put codes in the locks to my properties (HOUSES) bases... while Live streaming.
Write the code with your keyboard not the ingames pad.. then they just show up as hashtags