Resource icon

Pthread Text 2.0.3

norihiro

I suppose for Windows this plugin can not be expected?
I'm sorry I tried to build for Windows 2 years ago but I almost gave up.
For Windows, I recommend to use Browser Source. it can load from local file, and CSS can specify nice outline, shadow, etc.

Nutri_

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 21.35.06.png
Hello! I've installed the ARM version on OBS 28, but somehow the text is never showing. What could this be?
I tried different fonts, sizes, color, width/height changes, tinkered with every other settings.

norihiro

View attachment 86280Hello! I've installed the ARM version on OBS 28, but somehow the text is never showing. What could this be?
I tried different fonts, sizes, color, width/height changes, tinkered with every other settings.
I'm sorry that I have never tested this plugin on ARM but just build the same source code for ARM. So far I have no idea to prepare debugging environment for ARM. PR would be welcome if someone find the way to fix the bug.

Nutri_

I'm sorry that I have never tested this plugin on ARM but just build the same source code for ARM. So far I have no idea to prepare debugging environment for ARM. PR would be welcome if someone find the way to fix the bug.
No problem!
If there is something I (as a non-programmer) could provide to you that would help debugging, just let me know what I can do.

Spectr20

I'm sorry I tried to build for Windows 2 years ago but I almost gave up.
For Windows, I recommend to use Browser Source. it can load from local file, and CSS can specify nice outline, shadow, etc.
Browser Source has a problem, when saving a file, the data in the OBS is not updated

norihiro

No problem!
If there is something I (as a non-programmer) could provide to you that would help debugging, just let me know what I can do.
Could you provide a log file?
I just got similar issue on Ubuntu and it's reporter shows a log line below. If the same line is logged, it would be helpful.
[obs-text-pthread] Cannot load '(null)'

norihiro

norihiro updated Pthread Text with a new update entry:

Pthread Text 2.0.2

This is a major release to support OBS 28 and to drop supporting OBS 26.

Changes in 2.0.2
  • Fixed library dependencies for OBS 28 on Ubuntu.
(No changes for Windows and macOS users. No changes for OBS 27 on Ubuntu.)

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are not tested.
    • Version 2.0.0 for Ubuntu is tested on Ubuntu 22.04.
    • Binary package 2.0.0 for macOS is only tested on Intel mac.
  • No Windows support due to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

kjorteo

Hello! Thank you so much for this plugin--as a Linux Mint OBS user who's been limited to the FreeType2 text source options instead of GDI+, this plugin is beautiful.

One question... is there a way to have the text in a gradient of two colors, like the "Color 1" and "Color 2" options for the standard FreeType2 text sources?

Rabbit95

Are there plans to bring it to more distros like rpm package for fedora or flatpak? Can't You just provide .so file?

norihiro

I'm interested in rpmfusion for Fedora and CentOS, and also Flatpak. However, I don't have the milestone to achieve that. I'm sorry that I don't have enough time to make many systems.
I'm mainly developing on Fedora. The code should work if you build from the source.

norihiro

norihiro updated Pthread Text with a new update entry:

Pthread Text 2.0.3

This is a bugfix release for macOS on Apple Silicon.

Changes in 2.0.3
  • Fixed crash and issues that nothing was rendered on Apple Silicon macOS.
  • Added RPM packages for Fedora 36 and 37.
(No changes for Windows and Ubuntu users. No changes for OBS 27 on macOS.)

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are not tested.
    • Version 2.0.2 for Ubuntu is tested on OBS 28 on Ubuntu 22.04.
    • Version 2.0.3 for Apple Silicon mac is...

Read the rest of this update entry...