Resource icon

Pthread Text 2.0.3

norihiro

norihiro submitted a new resource:

OBS Pthread Text - beautiful text with pango markup and fade-in/out

This plugin aims to show beautiful text on OBS Studio.
  • Markup
    • Font, size, style, ...
    • Color
    • Subscript and superscript
  • Text alignment
    • Left, center, and right
    • Justification
  • Outline
    • Configurable width, color, and opacity
    • Blur
  • Transition
    • Fade-in, fade-out, cross-fade
    • Slider
  • Threaded glyph drawing
    • Lower priority to draw glyphs so that other sources and encoders are not impacted...

Read more about this resource...

Gitago

Do you intend to make this available for Windows OS as well?

Also..will it have the ability to set letter spacing?

norihiro

Do you intend to make this available for Windows OS as well?
Also..will it have the ability to set letter spacing?
I'm trying Windows build slowly but not succeeded yet.
In Ptread Text, letter spacing can be set by a span tag as below.
Code:
<span letter_spacing='1000'>expanded text</span><span letter_spacing='-1000'>narrow text</span>

norihiro

Does this plugin support reading text from files?
Yes, this plugin has both options; read from a text file and set i’m from the property.

The text will appear in 33ms + rendering time after the text file is updated. This is much faster than the OBS’s bundled text-freetype2, which takes 1s-2s.
However, chat log mode is not implemented.

corndogward

Yes, this plugin has both options; read from a text file and set i’m from the property.

The text will appear in 33ms + rendering time after the text file is updated. This is much faster than the OBS’s bundled text-freetype2, which takes 1s-2s.
However, chat log mode is not implemented.
Alright and do you have a Discord or anywhere where you will post updates on the Windows release?

norihiro

Alright and do you have a Discord or anywhere where you will post updates on the Windows release?
Unfortunately I have not yet succeeded to build it for Windows. I started to write a build script for Windows from last year but there are a lot of difficulties to build necessary libraries. Since I don’t have Windows machine, it’s very time consuming to debug the build script for me.
I recommend to use browser source or GDI+ text for Windows user.

norihiro

The difficulty for Windows is building a library "pango", which is the font rendering library used by this plugin. Help is welcome. What I tried (and failed) were available on github open PR list.

craigkendall

I'm attempting to install this plugin into my iMac. When I double-click the .dmg it opens the package and I see the obs-text-pthread folder and the target plugins shortcut. The problem I'm having (I'm new to OBS and been learning it on Linux, but jumping to Mac now) is the plugins shortcut goes now where.
So, where in my Mac file system should the plugins shortcut point to? Or where in the Mac filesystem should I put the obs-text-pthread contents?
I was able to follow a video that said to right-click on the OBS app icon in the applications folder and select Show Package Contents but after scrounging around in there, and attempting to copy the obs-txt-pthread folder into several locations - restarting OBS each time - nothing.
What am I missing? Surely there is a better location for putting OBS plugins on a Mac?

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 10.58.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 10.59.47 AM.png

norihiro

Hi @craigkendall, I'm sorry for your inconvenience. The plugins should point to this location.
/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins

If this is the first plugin to install to that location, you need to create the directory manually.
If you are using CUI, open terminal and enter command below
sudo mkdir -p /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins

I need to modify the package somehow but I didn't identify how to do that.

norihiro

norihiro updated Pthread Text with a new update entry:

Pthread Text 2.0.0

This is a major release to support OBS 28 and to drop supporting OBS 26.

Changes in 2.0.0
  • Added outline blur using Gaussian. The old blur is deprecated. I appreciate @SkeletonBow for giving me the idea.
  • Support OBS 28 on Apple Silicon.
  • Drop support of OBS 26.
  • Started to use Github Actions to build binary packages instead of Microsoft Azure Pipeline. (This change should not make any difference.)

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

norihiro updated Pthread Text with a new update entry:

Pthread Text 2.0.1

This is a hotfix release for OBS 28 on ARM.

Changes in 2.0.1
  • Fixed library dependencies for OBS 28 on ARM.
(No changes for OBS 27, OBS 28 on Intel mac, or Linux).

Limitation
  • Not all binaries are not tested.
    • Version 2.0.0 for Ubuntu is tested on Ubuntu 22.04.
    • Binary package 2.0.0 for macOS is only tested on Intel mac.
  • No Windows support due to difficulties to build a lot of required...

Read the rest of this update entry...