Projector Output Flashing Desktop

PHILLIPK86

I'm trying to setup OBS to work in place of Livestream Studio which has a few more advanced features than OBS (OBS has one feature that nobody else seems to be able to do: changing bitrate mid-stream if necessary, invaluable for us sif we can get OBS to fully work). The biggest lacking capability is program output over devices (like a Blackmagic Decklink or Monitor card), so I came across the "Projector Output" function which at first seemed like the perfect solution, as we have to have program output to send to backpacks (TVU and LiveU), however I first ran into no audio output, but I think the Voicemeter Banana solution will solve that, however the other big problem is the program output over HDMI (into a Decimator which acts as a splitter into multiple backpacks) would flash the desktop every once in a while, and that would completely ruin the output and can't happen duing our productions. Any ideas why its doing this and how to prevent? Was only seeing like a 1-2% CPU usage so I don't think it's anything hardware being stressed, never saw any indiction the HDMI was loose or anything (usually you'll see a flash on the primary screen if an HDMI device disconnects/reconnects), so can't think of any reason for it to do that other than a glitch. Graphics card fully updated, latest version of OBS installed.

Attachments

• 2021-09-29 12-28-03.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 23

PHILLIPK86

Update:I did just find there's a "Decklink Output" I'll mess with later, but for a super-small setup would still like to get the Projector Mode over the HDMI second-screen option working properly if possible.

BCFischer

I just started using a workflow using a Blackmagic Web Presenter which takes its video source via a full screen projector feed from OBS. Occasionally, when my cursor goes over the OBS icon in the taskbar my projector feed flashes my desktop image.

Is this what is happening with you?