Resource icon

Projector Hotkeys 1.3.0

DavidKMagnus

DavidKMagnus submitted a new resource:

Projector Hotkeys - Allows the use of hotkeys to open projectors for the program view and for each scene.

This plugin allows the user to set hotkeys to open full screen projectors for the Program view and for each scene.

After loading the script, choose a monitor for each output. The monitors are numbered by your operating system, but can also be viewed by right-clicking on a scene and choosing "Fullscreen Projector" from the contextual menu.
View attachment 66698

New hotkey options will be available in the OBS settings:
View attachment 66697

Current...

Read more about this resource...

BCF

When I add this script I get the following Error message.

[projector-hotkeys.lua] Error loading file: ...obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/projector-hotkeys.lua:7: unexpected symbol near '<'

Running widows 10 and obs 26.1.1 python 3.6.8

BenAndo

This runs great! Thanks so much for making this, it'll be very helpful.
Do you also plan to expand it to have hotkeys to open Multiview (Fullscreen) in OBS?

Dave L

[projector-hotkeys.lua] Error loading file: ...obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/projector-hotkeys.lua:7: unexpected symbol near '<'

Hi BCF,
Check to see if the lua file is the actual text or something else. I downloaded it from the github and it filled with random stuff. I copied the code directly into new file and it worked.

DavidKMagnus

My apologies, just seeing this now.
I think you must have downloaded the html display of the file that Github does or something like that.

You can download the actual files in zip format here: https://github.com/DavidKMagnus/projector-hotkeys/tags
Or, if you click on the .lua file in github, you can click "Raw" at the top right.

wadokin

Thank you! This script is exactly what I needed! I wanted to see my cam in full screen to check exposure, focus..., while OBS was showing my gameplay scene, so the in-built projector function didn't do the job properly. Btw, I had to search online to figure out how to load scripts into OBS, so it would be nice if you could add that in the instructions of your website and in the README.md, which I also didn't know how to open until I searched online. Also, how can we donate to pay back for your contribution?

DavidKMagnus

I'm glad this is working well for you!
I will look at linking to the install instructions in the readme, good idea.

No donation necessary, thanks for the thought though!

jcrob

Great plugin, thank you.
I'm using OBS Studio. We have 3 TVs, 2 of which are behind our church's pulpit and lectern respectively. We normally display the camera shot on those TVs, but switch to a "static" picture when the camera is on either the pulpit or the lectern. This is to avoid getting a picture of the TV, which includes a picture of the TV, etc. I do this by using this plugin to open a picture source on the respective TV. I have OBS set to only allow 1 projector per monitor so I don't accumulate a bunch of windows. But I'd like to be able to get rid of that picture projector again by opening a projector for the Program on that TV. The plugin settings only allows me to set up 1 monitor for the Program though. I'd be OK if I could have several monitors in that field, e.g. "2,3,5." Or is there some other workaround you can suggest?
Thanks again!

aleraniere

Thank you very, very, very much for this very useful script!!

I would like to know if it would be possible to edit the script so that it has the option for the scenes to be opened in Window instead of Fullscreen.

It would be useful when we only have to preview a specific scene in the corner of the screen.

Thanks!!!

DavidKMagnus

Great plugin, thank you.
I'm using OBS Studio. We have 3 TVs, 2 of which are behind our church's pulpit and lectern respectively. We normally display the camera shot on those TVs, but switch to a "static" picture when the camera is on either the pulpit or the lectern. This is to avoid getting a picture of the TV, which includes a picture of the TV, etc. I do this by using this plugin to open a picture source on the respective TV. I have OBS set to only allow 1 projector per monitor so I don't accumulate a bunch of windows. But I'd like to be able to get rid of that picture projector again by opening a projector for the Program on that TV. The plugin settings only allows me to set up 1 monitor for the Program though. I'd be OK if I could have several monitors in that field, e.g. "2,3,5." Or is there some other workaround you can suggest?
Thanks again!
This is an interesting idea. I think I could rework the plugin UI to allow this when I have time.

Thank you very, very, very much for this very useful script!!

I would like to know if it would be possible to edit the script so that it has the option for the scenes to be opened in Window instead of Fullscreen.

It would be useful when we only have to preview a specific scene in the corner of the screen.

Thanks!!!
It is definitely possible to add windowed projectors, but I haven't had time to add the UI elements necessary to choose the positioning of the window.

DavidKMagnus

DavidKMagnus updated Projector Hotkeys with a new update entry:

New Feature - Open Projectors Twice on Startup (grey screen issue)

Some OBS users have reported an issue where projectors opened on startup display only a blank grey screen. This mostly happens for users who use the native OBS option to re-open saved projectors. However, users of this plugin who choose to open projectors on startup can also experience this.

This update adds a work-around for this issue. It provides the option to open a projector on startup twice. The second projector appears to have the expected content.

Once this issue is resolved at...

Read the rest of this update entry...