Projector controls VIA IP

PCCSF

I've been looking all over and maybe not selecting the right set of terms but I'm trying to see if anyone has figured out a way to send an IP command to a device on the network, Like opening and closing a shutter on a projector.

In the course of our events sometimes we want to turn off or turn on items. Maybe a light or projector in the space. (worship in a sanctaury) Most of our lights and all our camera's and Projectors as well as our mixer have ethernet connections. I know we can send projector commands. I think we might even be able to send the Vera lighting controller and our Mackie mixer commands but primarily now looking to send the projector turn on/ turn off/ open and close shutter commands. The Projector is a Christie lhd700 if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

PCCSF

I was digging around more and found a CURL command script and if you have a projector that can take CLI commands from the IP stack it turns out you can run a script to do this. Kind of a strange work around but it seems to work.. Now I just need to see how long it takes for the script to run (real time) which I can't do from remote.

Report back shortly and if it does work, I'll post the process I used.