problems with high bitrate streaming

basilhs

so recently i got a 5g wifi card "Model: tp-link ac600 archer t2u plus " because my mobile carrier gave free mobile data for 15 days i went to turn on the hotspot on my phone to 5g so i can have strong connection with high speeds but the wifi card does not see my phones 5g hotspot and it can only see 5g routers and i was a bit confused but i switch it to 2.4g and it saw my phones hotspot and i used that but the problem is that in my phone im getting 100+mbps and 10 to 20 mbps upload but on my pc with the 2.4g im getting around 30 to 20 or sometimes 10 mbps download speed with 5 to 10 mbps upload and so i try a other device to connect with the 5g hotspot on my phone and i connected my quest 2 to my phones 5g hotspot and i was getting the same speeds from my phones hotspot to my quest 2 but my problem is becasue i want to use my mobile data to live stream i can't use higher bitrate and i can only use 1200 bitrate idk why i can't just use higher bitrate so the next thing i did i got my computer to the other room to use usb-c hotspot tethering and while the speeds where better i still can't use higher bitrate on obs i don't know if its my phone that is casing this problem "Phone model: redmi note 9s" but also the other thing is if i use the mobile data to stream on discord so i can share my screen its perfectly fine no lag no nothing even with 2.4g.

Tomasz Góral

so recently i got a 5g wifi card "Model: tp-link ac600 archer t2u plus " because my mobile carrier gave free mobile data for 15 days i went to turn on the hotspot on my phone to 5g so i can have strong connection with high speeds but the wifi card does not see my phones 5g hotspot and it can only see 5g routers and i was a bit confused but i switch it to 2.4g and it saw my phones hotspot and i used that but the problem is that in my phone im getting 100+mbps and 10 to 20 mbps upload but on my pc with the 2.4g im getting around 30 to 20 or sometimes 10 mbps download speed with 5 to 10 mbps upload and so i try a other device to connect with the 5g hotspot on my phone and i connected my quest 2 to my phones 5g hotspot and i was getting the same speeds from my phones hotspot to my quest 2 but my problem is becasue i want to use my mobile data to live stream i can't use higher bitrate and i can only use 1200 bitrate idk why i can't just use higher bitrate so the next thing i did i got my computer to the other room to use usb-c hotspot tethering and while the speeds where better i still can't use higher bitrate on obs i don't know if its my phone that is casing this problem "Phone model: redmi note 9s" but also the other thing is if i use the mobile data to stream on discord so i can share my screen its perfectly fine no lag no nothing even with 2.4g.
redmi note 9s have some wifi problems.
How you check upload speed ?

basilhs

redmi note 9s have some wifi problems.
How you check upload speed ?
in my phone i get around 10 to 20 mbps upload but if i try to stream with my mobile data even with a cable it stuggles to do higher bitrate. i try to use like 3500 to 4000 but if i do it it will go red and drop to and sometimes disconnect i don't know what the problem is tho should i reformat my phone

Tomasz Góral

in my phone i get around 10 to 20 mbps upload but if i try to stream with my mobile data even with a cable it stuggles to do higher bitrate. i try to use like 3500 to 4000 but if i do it it will go red and drop to and sometimes disconnect i don't know what the problem is tho should i reformat my phone
Still i don't method: how you check internet speed ?
e.g. speedtest.net it's one of many site

I use ftp server to check speed, but tests show only speed to this selected servers not to YT or FB, Twitch.

basilhs

Still i don't method: how you check internet speed ?
e.g. speedtest.net it's one of many site

I use ftp server to check speed, but tests show only speed to this selected servers not to YT or FB, Twitch.
i use speed test to check my speed but i still don't know why i can use high bitrate even tho it says i have 10mbps upload

Tomasz Góral

i use speed test to check my speed but i still don't know why i can use high bitrate even tho it says i have 10mbps upload
Multi connections or single?
Multi is default check and it's not true for streaming, single connection show speed test for only one connection, the same like streaming.
And you check on phone or computer ?

basilhs

Multi connections or single?
Multi is default check and it's not true for streaming, single connection show speed test for only one connection, the same like streaming.
And you check on phone or computer ?
I did the multi speed test and i got 100mbps downlaod and 10mbps upload on my phone and i did a speed test with a cable on the pc and got the same results but still i can't use higher bitrate.

FerretBomb

If you're streaming to Twitch, you can use R1ch's Twitch Test Tool to check your connection.

As mentioned up above, streaming over wireless is NOT recommended. Sites like speedtest.net check the PEAK connection speed, and do not show the MINIMUM connection speed or connection stability. In fact, they throw out the worst 30% of results to show consumers closer to what they were advertised as getting. And wifi/mobile are VERY unstable, and prone to large amounts of interference from a ton of sources.

Streaming relies on MINIMUM constant throughput, and heavily on connection quality. The exact things that speedtest.net ignores, and the things you don't reliably get with a mobile/wifi connection.