Problems with Blackmagic Intensity Pro

schulzsi

Hello all,
I have a question/problem:
About my setup:
Camera: Panasonic Lumix GH4
Capture card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro
PC: i5 and GTX960

Unfortunately the capture card in my PC works only sporadically.
Sometimes it recognizes the camera and sometimes not. I have also tried the card by friends. Sometimes it works wonderfully and sometimes not at all. If the card does not recognize the camera and you open the properties of the card in OBS, everything hangs until you leave the properties again. I have also tried to set all PCI versions manually on my computer, unfortunately still the same behavior.
So I turn to the forum do you have any experience with the BM Intensity Pro in combination with OBS?
Thanks

Have You installed BM Desktop Video Setup onyour machine? does this has also the "connection" problems? sometimes ithelps. I had this with an older card and you have to first setup BM devices in this program and then they should work fine in other software.

schulzsi

Yeah, I installed that. It detects the BM Intensity Pro correct. However, the BM Desktop setup sometimes shows no input and sometimes it does, as described above.

it might be some problem with the PCI-e slot. I had this with an USB card, where in one slot it worked and in another it sometimes lost connection. would this be an option to trie? do you have another PCI-e slot free in your machine?

garrieta

Estimados, en enero de 2022 tuve que reinstalar win 10 x64 última versión 2020, se actualizó y cuando instalo OBS última versión, no funciona la placa Blackmagic Intesity Pro (driver original diciembre 2021), en realidad la BM andaba mal con Premiere, etc. Luego de una serie de pruebas no pude hacerla andar, hasta que volví a instalar DirectX 2010 con su actualización automática de Framework, y QuickTime, no se cual de estas cosas solucionó el problema (me inclino a QuickTime), pero la tarjeta funciona perfectamente, la entrada es hdmi 1080 59.94. En OBS también setear porque arranca en 1080 29.97, poner 1080 59.94, anda 100% perfecto como antes, espero que les sirva.
BLACKMAGIC INTENSITY PRO.jpg