Problems running OBS and ElgatoHDs what is it?

Mondo16bit

Hello,

I have been trying to stream my switch but feel sorta defeated because I can't seem to get it to stream properly. I start up elgato and obs and I start having lag issues and my sound starts crackling. The system says I am using 25% of my cpu and the fan is going strong.

My specs:
Dell G15 5510
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 Processor Label
Intel AX201 Driver
8GB DDR4 2933MHz
NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6
10th Generation Intel Core i5-10500H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores)

Thank you so much for all your help.

Geonecis

I had the same problem with my Elgato HD60S returned it and got a replacement. Happened again so just got my money back. Got a Foscomax instead and haven’t had a problem since. I know that doesn’t solve your issue but from your specs I have serious doubts the problem is your PC.

Just in case though…
Is it just the game that lags or the whole computer? Have you tried using a different usb 3.0 port if it is just the game that lags?

Last edited:

Mondo16bit

I had the same problem with my Elgato HD60S returned it and got a replacement. Happened again so just got my money back. Got a Foscomax instead and haven’t had a problem since. I know that doesn’t solve your issue but from your specs I have serious doubts the problem is your PC.

Just in case though…
Is it just the game that lags or the whole computer? Have you tried using a different usb 3.0 port if it is just the game that lags?

It is just the game I have had one instant where the web cam started becoming static. I have had to reset the apps because the elgato app started dropping frame rates. OBS did freeze where my web cam was Frozen.