Preview screen tearing issue from OBS-Studio-27.1-rc3 and onward, not present in rc2 and earlier

Same problem here. Windows 11 & latest OBS version 27.2.4
Since that OBS version I have terrible screen tearings (preview/program/projector) - no matter what I configure: tested all framerates (capturing via Blackmagic Webpresenter 4K), vsync forcing and so on. Nothing fixed this issue.
Downgraded to OBS 25.08 and tearing was immediately gone. That's a quite dangerous workaround for streaming but what else could I do? Any ideas? Guess this is a special problem with OBS because ZOOM preview doesn't tear at all.
I downgraded to 25.08 and noticed the problem disappearing as well. Any reason why this particular version doesn't have these issues while others do?

drewlinskii

Currently on the newest v28.0.1 build and it seems like the screen tearing is back. I remember there being a fix in the patch notes for Beta 2 or RC1, but wasn't aware if the fix was scrapped or not.

I do remember this issue starting during the later builds of v27 and I just assumed it was my capture card, but it was also happening on my camera. It's hard to tell whether it's only the preview or if screen tearing on the preview screen reflects what happens in recordings, because I notice even my recordings have screen tearing.