PowerPoint Resize and Control

PowerPoint Resize and Control V 3.1

falti

falti submitted a new resource:

PowerPoint Resize and Control - Force PPT size to 1280x720, route ↓ & ↑ to always go to PPT (next/prev slide) - even if not focussed

View attachment 70618

If you want to show a PowerPoint as part of an OBS scene but have no additional monitor for display capture of that fullscreen show, you may consider running that slide show as a window as shown below and then do a windo capture.

1st problem: You will always have to fine tune that PowerPoint window's size to match exacty your OBS scene.
===> PPT Size & Control will force the active PowerPoint window size to precise 16:9 (1280...

Read more about this resource...

manuelnv

Hi @falti,

I am using a Logitech R400 Presentor, which is using the <- and -> keys for switching between the slides. Could you route this keys also to the PPT?

I am having the next presentation later today, so it would also help telling me how you did the routing of the keys.

Thanks!

Lawrence_SoCal

Recommendation for future revision/update
1. Add option for other resolutions .. for example, I have PPTx in windowed slide show displayed on the left side of my screen in Portrait mode, with video taking up about 60%+ of screen on right side
so for me, an option for a little over 1080p tall (more than 1080pixels so I can cut off the apps bottom bar such that slide content takes up full 1080p height) in North American standard letter size [ or 8.5:11 format / ie 8.5"x11"]. And I'm guessing a similar option for A4 paper size?
- Yes, using PPTx for another purpose (not OBS) and then having to resize for OBS is tedious. I look forward to this option, if a flexible orientation and size setting is allowed

2. Agree that an option to map the slide change keys to something else less likely to conflict would be nice
For example, those arrow keys are used in OBS to change Scenes

what I really wanted was a way for OBS to automate sending a Slide Advance to PPTx. But Office 365 and changes to command line interface has made that rather difficult (compared to Office 2010 PowerPoints really simple command line interface syntax/option). In the absence of such, and in many scenarios, this will be a nice option.​

and for those reading this thread, my experience is that a PPTx windowed slide show does NOT need to be an active window to do 'next slide'.
- For last year, my approach has been to put PowerPoint into Portrait orientation Windows Slide Show, and leave a small bottom portion visible on my screen. In my case, above PPTx I have my Stream provider's monitor console (preview of live stream, comments, technical details like # watching, etc), and OBS on the left side of my screen.​
- I can place my mouse over the small visible portion of PPTx window and WITHOUT making PTPx the active window use the mouse's scroll wheel to advance or go back a slide. This is native WIn10 with no special mouse drivers done on both laptop and desktop​

falti

falti

Regarding your question: "telling me how you did the routing of the keys"

With Windows API I do a RegisterHotKey to intercept the two hotkeys - and to send next/prev slide to PowerPoint I use OLE as follows

To find PowerPoint:
PowerPointApp := GetActiveOleObject('PowerPoint.Application');

To send next/prev:
PowerPointApp.ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.next:
PowerPointApp.ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.previous;

falti

I agree - Win10 does the trick - and yet: you'll always need the mouse...

With this tool you could reliably put next/prev on a streamdeck and forget about even moving the mouse ;-)

Recommendation for future revision/update
1. Add option for other resolutions .. for example, I have PPTx in windowed slide show displayed on the left side of my screen in Portrait mode, with video taking up about 60%+ of screen on right side
so for me, an option for a little over 1080p tall (more than 1080pixels so I can cut off the apps bottom bar such that slide content takes up full 1080p height) in North American standard letter size [ or 8.5:11 format / ie 8.5"x11"]. And I'm guessing a similar option for A4 paper size?
- Yes, using PPTx for another purpose (not OBS) and then having to resize for OBS is tedious. I look forward to this option, if a flexible orientation and size setting is allowed

2. Agree that an option to map the slide change keys to something else less likely to conflict would be nice
For example, those arrow keys are used in OBS to change Scenes

what I really wanted was a way for OBS to automate sending a Slide Advance to PPTx. But Office 365 and changes to command line interface has made that rather difficult (compared to Office 2010 PowerPoints really simple command line interface syntax/option). In the absence of such, and in many scenarios, this will be a nice option.​

and for those reading this thread, my experience is that a PPTx windowed slide show does NOT need to be an active window to do 'next slide'.
- For last year, my approach has been to put PowerPoint into Portrait orientation Windows Slide Show, and leave a small bottom portion visible on my screen. In my case, above PPTx I have my Stream provider's monitor console (preview of live stream, comments, technical details like # watching, etc), and OBS on the left side of my screen.​
- I can place my mouse over the small visible portion of PPTx window and WITHOUT making PTPx the active window use the mouse's scroll wheel to advance or go back a slide. This is native WIn10 with no special mouse drivers done on both laptop and desktop​

falti

@twistsd It is possible that your setup would not allow a download from a location that is only http rather than https. I will change that at some point, but niot right now. PM me with your email and I can help you

Cheers

Falti

twistsd

@twistsd It is possible that your setup would not allow a download from a location that is only http rather than https. I will change that at some point, but niot right now. PM me with your email and I can help you

Cheers

Falti
Thanks. I have managed to download using http address.

falti

falti updated PowerPoint Resize and Control with a new update entry:

Version 2.5 - added screenshot by hotkey

Assign a hotkey and a folder where to store the images. So whenever you press that hotkey a new file will be created and automatically saved into that folder. File name has accurate time stamp and all images will be stored as png. Experiment with compression levels! (Even the highest level 9 showed astonishing good quality in my tests).

View attachment 75148

Read the rest of this update entry...

justedit

I'd like to try your software but as soon as as unzip the installer, Windows Defender warns me for a trojan :
1632476145209.png

Any idea ?

falti

What I mean is: did you unzip into your download folder or did you download an exe-file from elsewhere?