Powerpoint and Switching Scenes

roawil

I have been able to make a scene where my camera is on one side and Powerpoint on the other. I would use a Window Capture for Powerpoint. To change the slides I clicked on Powerpoint and went through my presentation. However, now when I click on Powerpoint, it switches to a different scene and OBS (hence, no one can see my Powerpoint anymore).

How can I get this to stop?

Lawrence_SoCal

I don't have that issue on Windows (for last 2 years)
I use Windows slide show on left side of OBS composite window, and camera on right side
I have a dozen different scenes, primarily for starting and ending live stream, and 3 primary Scenes I use during livestream with difference being amount of PPTx windo to display vs camera, with "Full Slide" [in Portrait mode], Partial [using about left 1/2 of slide window], and None [PPTx no displayed, all camera]

Just an FYI
In Windows 10, I do NOT have to click on PPTx to make it the active window in order to advance slides. I simply have to move scroll mouse over a partially displayed PPTx slide Window [I have a monitor of livestream from CDN in browser on top of PPTx]. I can usually only see a small bottom portion of the PPTx Window. With mouse over the visible portion of the PPTx, scrolling the scroll wheel advances the slide.. no need to click

Beware, there was an OBS plugin for PPT which when combined with Macros in PPTx, would trigger (via WebSockets, if I recall correctly) a scene change based on slide. I mention this wondering what Plugins you may have active, which may be causing the unexpected/undesired behavior?

Please clarify (I'm suspecting a typo)
However, now when I click on Powerpoint, it switches to a different scene and OBS (hence, no one can see my Powerpoint anymore).
???
Are you saying when you click on PowerPoint, OBS changes scene to a scene you've configured which does not include PPT?
Are you using a multiple monitor setup? are you clicking within OBS, or the PPT window at the OS level (not within OBS)? sorry for such basic questions, but some new folks get confused and not sure your expertise level, so covering some basics

falti

You might consider getting rid of the clicking (for NEXT SLIDE) all along using this: