Possible support for Livestream.com?

modnite

Would it be possible for you to include streaming support to Livestream or possibly other streaming services in the future?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
yep, I just don't know any of the livestream server info. do they give you any information on RTMP servers and such?

modnite

They have a guide on how to stream to their servers using FMLE. I have the structure of the stream link right here:
Code:
rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/[your_channel]/username=[username]/password=[password]/isAutoLive=[true|false]
They also provide a bunch of advanced variables on this page here.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
hm, so there -is- a username/password thing. may have to wait for 0.37 or 0.38 before I get it in. I could give you a trick to get it working for now though, try using custom, typing in "publish.livestream.com" into the server box. then typing in "mogulus" into the channel box, then typing in "[your_channel]/username=[username]/password=[password]/isAutoLive=[true|false]" into the stream key box. should then work, I believe. make sure to replace those values with your username/password/etc

zerocul

I found some streaming services too.
Cybergame.tv (may be useful for CIS, because streaming servers locate in Russia). Structure of streaming link:
Channel: live
Play Path/Stream Key: ?<play_path>/<stream_name>
Server: st.cybergame.tv or mskorigin.cybergame.tv

MotionCreds:
Channel: publish-dm
Play Path/Stream Key: <stream_name>
Server: publish.dailymotion.com

And why you need three fields for fms link? Do you not like fms url + stream name like in Adobe FMLE? :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The three fields thing is really more just bad design on my part. Each RTMP provider has their own URL parameters.. Most seem to rely on just the playpath and channel name (hence the three boxes for server, playpath, and channel), but some also use extra parameters (like livestream apparently). I'll be modifying the design there so that each service can use their own custom set of parameter fields.

For the custom, It could just be one box where you can enter a full RTMP URL, such as "rtmp://server.com/channel/playpath[/appdata1][/appdata2][/...]", but I don't like the idea of that data being exposed to the stream, so I may leave it as is and add more info on usage in a tooltip after I get tooltips in.

modnite

Hi again. Sorry Jim, but the trick didn't work. I'll tell you what happened though. When I tried the combination you gave me, I received an error upon attempting to stream.
DWN4b.jpg

After making some modifications:
  • using my channel's name as the channel name instead of mogulus
  • using "publish.livestream.com/mogulus" as the server address
  • using "username=[username]/password=[password]/isAutoLive=[true|false]" as the stream key
I managed to start streaming without any error. The thing is, the stream remained offline.
LfYhB.jpg

I'm guessing that OBS is making communication with Livestream's servers but Livestream's either not handshaking or they require some specific stuff before allowing programs to send to their servers. Idunno. I had the same problem trying to stream to Livestream using FFsplit. They too said it could be done if the stream link was properly formatted, and it as well was sending stuff to their servers, but the stream just wasn't going online. Oh well.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
yea, sorry, I made a mistake typing out the original combination I gave you. the one you figured out though is essentially the same thing I was trying to do, so it should have worked. there definitely must be something up with the way livestream works. I'll have to see if I can't get an account and try to make it work or something.

pystub

Hopefully this will help a bit with this Livestream problem.

I've managed to get a stream with FFMpeg by using this (in a bat file)
set user=pystub
set channel=pystub
set pswd=

set lvst=mogulus/%channel%/username=%user%/password=%pswd%/isAutoLive=true/autoVOD=false/autoRecord=false/autoPilot=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9
set target=-f flv "rtmp://publish.livestream.com/%lvst% app=%lvst%"
goto source

rem some things skipped

:begin
ffmpeg %source% %encoding% %target%
pause
A lot of switching logic was removed, but this starts the stream and makes it live, so everyone sees it (not just in Livestream studio). I've tried skipping on some parts of the final URL but only this seems to work.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
I've gone over this in the quick start guide which should theoretically work

For FMS URL, enter the following:
rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/YourChannelName/username=YourUsername
/password=YourPassword/isAutoLive=true

For Stream Key, just enter livestream

Let me know if that's wrong.