Portable OBS crashes because of obs-filters.dll

octini

Hello,

Hoping I can get some help with this. I have setup a portable OBS instance and I can launch it on the original PC without issue, but when I try and launch it from a flash drive on a different computer, I get a crash message. I've attached the most recent crash report, where it shows the fault address as a file called obs-filters.dll. If I delete that file, OBS launches fine, but I am unable to apply any filters to any sources, and the filters that already exist aren't functional. I'm guessing this has to do with a missing plugin or a problematic third-party filter I've installed, but I can't figure out what it might be. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Things I've done: I use reaPlugs, and have copied that folder into Program Files on the computer and that did not seem to have any effect. I thought maybe the problem was related to my Source Record plugin, because that plugin is applied as a filter, so I deleted all references I could find to the portable OBS instance, but no dice. I've downloaded a fresh .zip of OBS and replaced the contents of my portable OBS instance with that fresh install, and I've overwritten the contents of the config folder with the contents from my normal computer.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-12-16 09-38-00.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 22

Harold

You have a noise suppression on one of your sources that is not compatible with the "different computer"
Most likely you have an nvidia suppression profile selected when the "different computer" either doesn't have an nvidia video card or is missing the correct audio effects sdk installation for the video card it does have.

octini

You have a noise suppression on one of your sources that is not compatible with the "different computer"
Most likely you have an nvidia suppression profile selected when the "different computer" either doesn't have an nvidia video card or is missing the correct audio effects sdk installation for the video card it does have.

I considered this as well. I wasn't sure how to force my first computer to update the files necessary, but I opened up my normal OBS installation, switched from using the Nvidia suppression to a generic one, left OBS open for a couple of hours, then closed it and re-copied the application data files into the portable's config folder. Is there a way to ensure the Nvidia suppression isn't triggered?

octini

I considered this as well. I wasn't sure how to force my first computer to update the files necessary, but I opened up my normal OBS installation, switched from using the Nvidia suppression to a generic one, left OBS open for a couple of hours, then closed it and re-copied the application data files into the portable's config folder. Is there a way to ensure the Nvidia suppression isn't triggered?
Never mind, I got it. Thanks so much, Harold, for the Nvidia suppression confirmation. I was able to get the portable install to switch to using a generic suppression and it works just fine now.