Poor Audio Quality

rockbottom

Start off by setting this to 48k so it matches your OBS setting.

13:11:07.988: WASAPI: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' [192000 Hz] initialized
13:11:07.988: Switched to scene 'GD'

rockbottom

Just a couple more adjustments.

Create another scene for your Display Capture. Having both a Game & Display capture in the same scene can cause issues.
13:11:07.989: - scene 'GD':
13:11:07.989: - source: 'GD Audio' (wasapi_output_capture)
13:11:07.989: - source: 'Display Capture' (monitor_capture)
13:11:07.989: - source: 'Game Capture' (game_capture)

For your Encoding settings, Use Quality & turn off Psycho Visual Tuning. The small amount of rendering/encoding lag your getting will be eliminated.

NinjaTurtle

Create another scene for your Display Capture. Having both a Game & Display capture in the same scene can cause issues.

For your Encoding settings, Use Quality & turn off Psycho Visual Tuning. The small amount of rendering/encoding lag your getting will be eliminated.
Thank you very much, I'll do some testing and see if it works.

NinjaTurtle

It fixed it somewhat, but now it sounds slightly too quiet and echoey.
Edit: https://obsproject.com/logs/csniIsB6s7O-dRhl

rockbottom

13:40:49.793: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' invalidated. Retrying
13:40:52.987: WASAPI: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' [192000 Hz] initialized
13:41:00.789: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' invalidated. Retrying
13:41:03.821: WASAPI: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' [48000 Hz] initialized
13:41:34.557: User Removed source 'Display Capture' (monitor_capture) from scene 'GD'

All Settings > System > Sound > Sound Control Panel > Headphones > Properties > Advanced Tab

Also check the Spatial sound tab & make sure it's set to Off

NinjaTurtle

13:40:49.793: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' invalidated. Retrying
13:40:52.987: WASAPI: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' [192000 Hz] initialized
13:41:00.789: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' invalidated. Retrying
13:41:03.821: WASAPI: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' [48000 Hz] initialized
13:41:34.557: User Removed source 'Display Capture' (monitor_capture) from scene 'GD'

All Settings > System > Sound > Sound Control Panel > Headphones > Properties > Advanced Tab

Also check the Spatial sound tab & make sure it's set to Off
It's off.

rockbottom

Good

When you changed the sample rate earlier from 192k to 48k did you do all that in the Windows Sound Control Panel?

rockbottom

On my system, I do all my sound adjustments at the end of the line. So when I want the turn my speakers down, I turn them down & I don't touch the system volume.

NinjaTurtle

I have side and centre on 100%, however I have mic on 0% as I never use one and I have Line In on 0% but I have no idea what that does.

rockbottom

So you're using surround? You're only capturing stereo with OBS so it's getting downmixed. Turn surround off & just use stereo.

rockbottom

Switch it back, your levels should be better & the echo should be eliminated. I think your getting the echo from the surround channels as generally they are sightly delayed from the Front & Center channels.

NinjaTurtle

Switch it back, your levels should be better & the echo should be eliminated. I think your getting the echo from the surround channels as generally they are sightly delayed from the Front & Center channels.
I don't ever remember changing it back to anything else. I'll change it back to Stereo again even if it already is in Stereo and try another recording.

rockbottom

Check your most recent log to see if the headphones are still showing up @ 192k & 48k. We need to figure out what's causing them to be initialized at both sampling rates.

NinjaTurtle

15:11:04.515: WASAPI: Device 'Headphones (Realtek Audio)' [48000 Hz] initialized
15:11:04.515: Switched to scene 'GD'

This is all I could really find about the headphones.