Plugin or option to have back up internet service (auto use back up internet if primary fails)

DrewMac

I am migrating from Livestream Studio where there was an option to have two ISP's, one as primary, and a second as back up. I have a Z600 workstation with lan and wifi and with Livestream Studio it was a simple click to ensure our event doesn't crash due to internet. We've got 1GB fiber and it's honestly never failed us, but I sure felt more comfortable knowing Studio could switch to the back up service if needed.

Is there any way to do that with OBS 27 or a plugin?

Thanks!

DrewMac

Thanks. I guess because it was a software solution in Studio 6 I was wishfully hoping. But now that you mention it, I wonder if it would have actually worked or was just there to make me feel good (never needed it). I'll look into backup switchers.

DrewMac

Follow up for anyone finding this. The solution is a Dual Wan router/switcher. There are many options. The one I settled on was Firewalla Gold. I chose this because it is plug and play and can be configured to be used as a load balancer/switcher, or failsafe back up.

Lawrence_SoCal

My first though when you mentioned LAN and WiFi, is that still would go to a single ISP router. So just to clarify, is your backup Internet service cellular and you are using a WiFi hotspot?
Assuming yes to cellular hotspot as backup ISP connection - As an FYI, with proper network knowledge, you could set up WAN failover direct on your PC. But a hardware device is much simpler

DrewMac

My first though when you mentioned LAN and WiFi, is that still would go to a single ISP router. So just to clarify, is your backup Internet service cellular and you are using a WiFi hotspot?
Assuming yes to cellular hotspot as backup ISP connection - As an FYI, with proper network knowledge, you could set up WAN failover direct on your PC. But a hardware device is much simpler
Not cellular nor wifi. Two discrete, different 1GB fiber optic ISP connections. We do a lot of virtual events with multiple cameras, bringing in ASL via Vdo.ninja, audience Q&A, remote slides and more. It was taxing our single network. We added the 2nd to reduce the load and as a backup/failsafe.