Please allow for mono recording of Microphones - I'll explain why...

pkv

Developer
@Suslik V rematrix filter is post resampler so it will still get the -3 dB
@DrWolfsherz the PR does not allow recording of mono tracks alongside stereo tracks. But it solves the level issue. In order to test you have to either compile obs or ping me on obs discord server (@pkv) and I'll provide you a test build.

DeMoN

I cannot imagine that your interface cannot do stereo while it has 2 inputs... Is this USB device? Is there any options in Windows Recording devices>Properties>Advanced tab?
It is stereo, but with just one mic connected and not 2. The interfaces have 2 inputs.
So what you get is a stereo with just one channel filled with audio.
The solution is to just remove the 2nd empty channel and keeping just the filled channel instead of mixing both together to mono (which results into the 50% volume then.

callybug

Hi guys, first post because I've had the same problem. This here's my solution.

First of all, make sure "Downmix to mono" is off!

Download the ReaPlugs VST pack (from REAPER's site). Their ReaJS VST has a utility built in called "channelmixer". Turn "L->L Mix" and "L->R Mix" up to 0dB, then "R->R Mix" and "R->L Mix" to -120dB.
2020-12-17 16_38_05-Filters for 'raw mic i'.png

You now have your full level, with no +6dB compensation! The ReaPlugs pack's very useful for OBS generally 'cause they're super lightweight.