Resource icon

OBS Lua Picture-in-Picture Instant Replay v1.1

ZiltoidRacer

Looks like problem with resources, probably maxed cpu for a moment there? OBS has to load new video, so it requires some resources.

I actually gave up on chatbot, it has been too much of an inconvience for me to keep using it so I switched out.

no it's not maxing out resources, obs studio generally uses less than 20% of cpu (i7 6700HQ @2.6Ghz / 16gb ram).
i too have now given up on chatbot too lol...

TazOnAir

Hey Tomaae,

nice script, but i have a problem with it, because i use two computer. One for gaming, one for streaming.
Obs is of course on the streaming computer, but streamlabs chatbot is active on the gaming computer.
However, the streamlabs chatbot is conected with a script "OBS Remote Parameter" [ Parameter Library to control OBS Studio with regular command system].
How i can send now the !replay command to obs? :D

Tomaae

Hey Tomaae,

nice script, but i have a problem with it, because i use two computer. One for gaming, one for streaming.
Obs is of course on the streaming computer, but streamlabs chatbot is active on the gaming computer.
However, the streamlabs chatbot is conected with a script "OBS Remote Parameter" [ Parameter Library to control OBS Studio with regular command system].
How i can send now the !replay command to obs? :D
yeah, it needs different triggering method. I'm thinking about integrating it into obs hosted script or as a separate one. Not sure what would be the best solution.

Tomaae

just to clarify this work when i use my hotkey with obs studio, all works perfect not a problem.

when using the chatbot side nothing happens, no script errors nothing in chatbot script logs. when i run the file locally ie: open instant-replay.exe nothing happens, i have tried running it as administrator but again nothing happens. i have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled as user and administrator but i get nothing.

i have gone over the install text numerous times to make sure i did not miss something out.

as i say using obs hotkey works great everytime for me but the chatbot script does not and i'm stumped to find a solution.

thanks
I found a workaround for that OBS change. Its working now for me, give it a shot :)

xntss

Hi, everything is working wonderfully in my setup using this script, only issue I have is my channel is quite new and my subscribers are still getting founder badges. And setting the permission to "subscriber" doesn't work when they have founder badges, for testing purposes I've disabled the founder badge setting on twitch on my alt account so that I'll only have sub badge and it works perfectly that way. Would it be possible to add founder badges among the "subscriber" badges?

MegnaGaming

Hello!

With the help of one of my mods, I made a minor adjustment to the script to get an artificial delay added in before playing the replay (so that the overlay and background loading image would show for a bit first). With the initial script, I was also running into an issue where the scene would pop before the most recent replay/clip was saved. Adding in a delay helped solve this as well.

It's a pretty brute-force hack of the original code as I wasn't sure how to separate out the scene items better. There's probably a much cleaner/versatile way to do that vs listing out the exact source names. I also added a field for adding the video delay. I haven't programmed in over 8 years and even then it was extremely basic, so I'll apologize in advance if I'm getting any of the terminology wrong :D

Any feedback/suggestions on how I can clean that up even further, please let me know!