Resource icon

OBS Lua Picture-in-Picture Instant Replay v1.1

Tomaae

i have just seen i have the same problem with the chatbot permissions not saving to file too..

Edit: i have checked the settings files and the permission setting is saved to file but once set and you go back into the script the setting defaults back to "moderator" but the save file still shows my choice "subscriber"
will post again when i have had chance to test.

ps: everytime save button is hit the error is still there saying failed to save to file even tho it has.
Fixed it, it was saving fine, just UI was not updating itself.

ZiltoidRacer

Oh, that just means you have forgot to add secondary hotkey using instant-replay.exe

do you mean adding OBS_KEY_F24 under OBS Instant Replay? in hotkey settings, i add it and apply and still the !replay trigger does not work.

this morning i redownloaded this and set up again but the chatbot side still does not work, even running instant-replay.exe manually does not work. whenever i hit + on obs instant replay in hotkey and add OBS_KEY_F24 under it and click apply it is not saved and the box is gone again when i go into hotkey settings.

useing the hotkey for obs instant replay works all the time every time, it's just chatbot i have problems with.

ps: the new chatbot shows a test in script logs

Tomaae

do you mean adding OBS_KEY_F24 under OBS Instant Replay? in hotkey settings, i add it and apply and still the !replay trigger does not work.

this morning i redownloaded this and set up again but the chatbot side still does not work, even running instant-replay.exe manually does not work. whenever i hit + on obs instant replay in hotkey and add OBS_KEY_F24 under it and click apply it is not saved and the box is gone again when i go into hotkey settings.

useing the hotkey for obs instant replay works all the time every time, it's just chatbot i have problems with.

ps: the new chatbot shows a test in script logs
If the hotkey disappears, its clearly some weird issue with OBS. Maybe try adding it as a primary hotkey?

ps: removed test message, my bad

JoinTheARC

The plugin/script appears to be interfering with my streamdeck/obs. As soon as !replay is used, my streamdeck no longer works for OBS integrated buttons. (e.g. I cant use "mute music" which mutes the desktop audio using the obs mixer integration for Stream Deck) I have tried everything to get it to work but no matter what, as soon as the script runs, my stream deck stops working. (The whole streamdeck does not have issues, only the OBS integration buttons) This is frustrating as a Stream Deck is vital in most streamers work flows who has one. I am hoping there might be something I can do to resolve this so I don't have to chose between the replay function or the stream deck.

Edit:
I can get the stream deck working again but only but closing and relaunching the stream deck software. As soon as the Instant replay script runs again, the issue is back. Basically, I have to restart the stream deck every time a replay happens.

EXAMPLE:

Mute Button Top Left
52951175_245850116300293_1770555733260107776_n (1).jpg

How it should look when muted
52541544_343366502968892_23515474226577408_n (1).jpg

Appears "stuck" as if I am just holding it down. This only happens after the replay script runs.
52666718_1891272994318402_283457293096321024_n (1).jpg

Last edited:

Tomaae

The plugin/script appears to be interfering with my streamdeck/obs. As soon as !replay is used, my streamdeck no longer works for OBS integrated buttons. (e.g. I cant use "mute music" which mutes the desktop audio using the obs mixer integration for Stream Deck) I have tried everything to get it to work but no matter what, as soon as the script runs, my stream deck stops working. (The whole streamdeck does not have issues, only the OBS integration buttons) This is frustrating as a Stream Deck is vital in most streamers work flows who has one. I am hoping there might be something I can do to resolve this so I don't have to chose between the replay function or the stream deck.

Edit:
I can get the stream deck working again but only but closing and relaunching the stream deck software. As soon as the Instant replay script runs again, the issue is back. Basically, I have to restart the stream deck every time a replay happens.
Thats one strange issue. I will have a look into it.
I didnt used replay since last OBS update, so it may be related.

JoinTheARC

Thats one strange issue. I will have a look into it.
I didnt used replay since last OBS update, so it may be related.
Upgraded to OBS 23 and went back today and did some more process of elimination. This does not happen with the integrated "Instant Replay" script from OBS directly. It is also an issue entirely with the "obs-instant-replay.lua" script itself as I disabled the chat bot feature, used the hotkey for the command (ctrl+alt+f12), and was able to repeat the issue that way. Thank you for looking into it, I really want to implement this into my stream! :D

As an aside: Would it be possible to add a "delay" feature as well for if there is a short video or animation I want to play prior to the replay? I have a short animation right now but the replay and image overlay pop up a split second before the animation and then the animation cuts into the replay time by a few seconds. Just curious if this is something that could be added.

Tomaae

Upgraded to OBS 23 and went back today and did some more process of elimination. This does not happen with the integrated "Instant Replay" script from OBS directly. It is also an issue entirely with the "obs-instant-replay.lua" script itself as I disabled the chat bot feature, used the hotkey for the command (ctrl+alt+f12), and was able to repeat the issue that way. Thank you for looking into it, I really want to implement this into my stream! :D

As an aside: Would it be possible to add a "delay" feature as well for if there is a short video or animation I want to play prior to the replay? I have a short animation right now but the replay and image overlay pop up a split second before the animation and then the animation cuts into the replay time by a few seconds. Just curious if this is something that could be added.
Good idea, I will look into it as well.

Tomaae

just to clarify this work when i use my hotkey with obs studio, all works perfect not a problem.

when using the chatbot side nothing happens, no script errors nothing in chatbot script logs. when i run the file locally ie: open instant-replay.exe nothing happens, i have tried running it as administrator but again nothing happens. i have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled as user and administrator but i get nothing.

i have gone over the install text numerous times to make sure i did not miss something out.

as i say using obs hotkey works great everytime for me but the chatbot script does not and i'm stumped to find a solution.

thanks
I was not able to replicate the issue in the same way as you did. Everything works fine for me including streamdeck with exception that buttons stay "pushed down", but still work. Are you sure they dont work for you at all?
It seems to be caused by switching item visibility which didnt happened before for sure. I will try creating something from scratch for investigating this further.

JoinTheARC

I was not able to replicate the issue in the same way as you did. Everything works fine for me including streamdeck with exception that buttons stay "pushed down", but still work. Are you sure they dont work for you at all?
It seems to be caused by switching item visibility which didnt happened before for sure. I will try creating something from scratch for investigating this further.
They partially work for me. As an example: lets say I want to mute the music, it will mute it when I press the mute button but the image does not change over and I am unable to unmute from the stream deck at that point.

Tomaae

They partially work for me. As an example: lets say I want to mute the music, it will mute it when I press the mute button but the image does not change over and I am unable to unmute from the stream deck at that point.
Oh yeah, I can confirm that toggles break.

Edit: It does the same even with new very simple test script. I have opened a mantis ticket for this.

Last edited:

JoinTheARC

Okay so now the chatbot feature does not work. No logs or anything when running command !replay. I have deleted and re added the script, uninstalled reinstalled streamlabs chat bot, re-did the whole setup process from scratch, and no luck :/

Tomaae

Okay so now the chatbot feature does not work. No logs or anything when running command !replay. I have deleted and re added the script, uninstalled reinstalled streamlabs chat bot, re-did the whole setup process from scratch, and no luck :/
Did it just stopped working without you changing anything? O.o
OBS update maybe?

JoinTheARC

Did it just stopped working without you changing anything? O.o
OBS update maybe?

Not sure, I thought it was working again but I went live and it wasn't working so I'm just confused. lol

Also elgato said they were unable to reproduce the issue so they weren't able to assist

Last edited:

Tomaae

Not sure, I thought it was working again but I went live and it wasn't working so I'm just confused. lol

Also elgato said they were unable to reproduce the issue so they weren't able to assist
Weird that they could not reproduce it. They most likely did something different.
But this is OBS issue, I dont believe it can have anything to do with elgato. Unfortunately, OBS being free community driven development software, it may take long time for someone to even look at the ticket.

Wray

Question, If i wanted to remove my some sources from the replay buffer would i have to run a second instance of OBS?

Great script Btw, definitely telling others about it once I fully set it up!

ZiltoidRacer

Hi Tomaae, i am still useing this but still cannot get the chatbot side to work so have given up lol. I have a question about using it while streaming.
I recently started streaming again and notice when pressing the hotkey my stream stutters a bit until the replay shows, would you have any idea what is causing it?

https://youtu.be/XjwNikiHIqs

Thanks
ZR

Tomaae

Hi Tomaae, i am still useing this but still cannot get the chatbot side to work so have given up lol. I have a question about using it while streaming.
I recently started streaming again and notice when pressing the hotkey my stream stutters a bit until the replay shows, would you have any idea what is causing it?

https://youtu.be/XjwNikiHIqs

Thanks
ZR
Looks like problem with resources, probably maxed cpu for a moment there? OBS has to load new video, so it requires some resources.

I actually gave up on chatbot, it has been too much of an inconvience for me to keep using it so I switched out.