Resource icon

OBS Lua Picture-in-Picture Instant Replay v1.1

Tomaae

Tomaae submitted a new resource:

Instant Replay - Customizable Picture-in-Picture Instant Replay

OBS Instant Replay is a script for Open Broadcaster Software which allows you to display Instant Replay as customizable Picture-in-Picture.
Optionally, you can let viewers trigger instant replay using a chat command (Script for Streamlabs Chatbot included).
obs_preview.PNG

Installation and configuration instructions can be found on linked github page.

Read more about this resource...

Tomaae

This looks nice but i'm a bit confused about one thing.
Can this be used as well as recording my stream?

Thanks
ZR
Sure, it can. Just make sure you put in prefix for saved replay. If you dont know how, you can find it in the installation instructions under point 4.

Ringvig

Hey.

I have made the sceen etc. but in streamlab's bot I cannot correct permission. it says "Failed to save settings to file." And when you write, Replay in the chat doesn't happen.

Also set instant-replay.exe as hotkey

ZiltoidRacer

Hey.

I have made the sceen etc. but in streamlab's bot I cannot correct permission. it says "Failed to save settings to file." And when you write, Replay in the chat doesn't happen.

Also set instant-replay.exe as hotkey

i have just seen i have the same problem with the chatbot permissions not saving to file too..

Edit: i have checked the settings files and the permission setting is saved to file but once set and you go back into the script the setting defaults back to "moderator" but the save file still shows my choice "subscriber"
will post again when i have had chance to test.

ps: everytime save button is hit the error is still there saying failed to save to file even tho it has.

Last edited:

Tomaae

What does say "Failed to save settings to file."? Is it OBS, Chatbot or windows?

i have just seen i have the same problem with the chatbot permissions not saving to file too..

Edit: i have checked the settings files and the permission setting is saved to file but once set and you go back into the script the setting defaults back to "moderator" but the save file still shows my choice "subscriber"
will post again when i have had chance to test.

ps: everytime save button is hit the error is still there saying failed to save to file even tho it has.
I will check whats wrong with script permissions.
Not sure about cannot save to file, depends where it is coming from.

Ringvig

yes I can see that. however, only one user on the computer. and cannot remove the write protection. which file should you correct instead? Or is it not an option?

Ringvig

Have just gone through it all over again. everything is set just like the guide. Link

When the stream is live and I press num 8 nothing happens, but when the stream is offline, it makes an error " [obs-instant-replay.lua] Tried to save an instant replay, but the replay buffer is not active ! "

Tomaae

Have just gone through it all over again. everything is set just like the guide. Link

When the stream is live and I press num 8 nothing happens, but when the stream is offline, it makes an error " [obs-instant-replay.lua] Tried to save an instant replay, but the replay buffer is not active ! "
Maybe you have made the scene itself invisible.
Set everything to visible so you can see the replay scene in your main scene and trigger it. It should hide everything correctly after its completed.

Ringvig

that works fine in the replay scene.

Did I misunderstand the script? so when people write! replay in the chat, a small window appears and shows the last 20 sec. while I continue the game in the rest of the window?

***UPDATE***

Just found the fault. I had overlooked I had to make a source in the scenes I want to replay.

Sry. and many thanks for your support.

Super cool script.

ZiltoidRacer

ok so i have reinstalled this and i have the replay working great when manually using hotkey with OBS Studio but when i set up the chatbot script it does not work. i have tried it for everyone through to editor and !replay does nothing. norton did pick up the instant-replay.exe and i allowed it through but it still does not work with chatbot and i installed the latest version.

any thoughts?

Tomaae

ok so i have reinstalled this and i have the replay working great when manually using hotkey with OBS Studio but when i set up the chatbot script it does not work. i have tried it for everyone through to editor and !replay does nothing. norton did pick up the instant-replay.exe and i allowed it through but it still does not work with chatbot and i installed the latest version.

any thoughts?
Difficult to say without any lead. Check chatbot errors log for scripts, there may be some hint.
Also, does it work if you run instant-replay.exe manually?

ZiltoidRacer

Difficult to say without any lead. Check chatbot errors log for scripts, there may be some hint.
Also, does it work if you run instant-replay.exe manually?

just to clarify this work when i use my hotkey with obs studio, all works perfect not a problem.

when using the chatbot side nothing happens, no script errors nothing in chatbot script logs. when i run the file locally ie: open instant-replay.exe nothing happens, i have tried running it as administrator but again nothing happens. i have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled as user and administrator but i get nothing.

i have gone over the install text numerous times to make sure i did not miss something out.

as i say using obs hotkey works great everytime for me but the chatbot script does not and i'm stumped to find a solution.

thanks

Tomaae

just to clarify this work when i use my hotkey with obs studio, all works perfect not a problem.

when using the chatbot side nothing happens, no script errors nothing in chatbot script logs. when i run the file locally ie: open instant-replay.exe nothing happens, i have tried running it as administrator but again nothing happens. i have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled as user and administrator but i get nothing.

i have gone over the install text numerous times to make sure i did not miss something out.

as i say using obs hotkey works great everytime for me but the chatbot script does not and i'm stumped to find a solution.

thanks
Oh, that just means you have forgot to add secondary hotkey using instant-replay.exe