Persistent Audio Signal Loss Issue in OBS on macOS

Everest2024

Hello,

I would like to report an issue I am experiencing with the OBS application on macOS. I use OBS to record the system audio of my MacBook Pro with an Apple M2 Pro processor and macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 operating system. However, I have noticed a recurring abnormal behavior.

The issue manifests as follows: OBS works perfectly while I am recording, but if I stop recording and leave OBS running in the background, after a certain period of time, approximately 15/30 minutes, when I return to record, I notice that the system audio meter does not detect any audio signal. In other words, it seems that OBS stops receiving the audio signal from the system after a period of inactivity, requiring the application to be closed and reopened to restore audio reception.

This issue pertains exclusively to the system audio, while the audio from an external microphone continues to function properly.

I am reaching out to inquire whether other users have encountered a similar issue and, if so, whether there is a known solution or any suggestions for resolving the problem.

Thank you in advance for your attention and assistance.

Best regards,