Bug Report Perfomance problem in 0.38a

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
yea, I'm getting similar reports. I'm checking up on it, will do a hotfix or something when I find the problem

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
could you try this version and let me know if it's better? just replace the current 0.38a files with these - I took out anything that I changed that looked like it could have impacted performance.

(edit - deleted url, was the wrong fix, but I found the problem)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
actually, I think I know what this is now, not what I changed in that zip I think. hmm, this is a slightly annoying development.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
had to take out the "Display FPS" feature for now - the way I was displaying FPS was causing some performance issues - so I'll have to figure out a way to display it differently in a later update. it was a noticable change when I took the code out. will upload it in about 10 minutes after I get a secondary confirmation

zerocul

May be display FPS not in preview window but near bandwith meters/fps drop square? Because if you made possibility for disabling preview so we anyway can't see it :)
Anyway, thank you!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Uploaded 0.381a. Problem fixed, but FPS Display is out for the time being.

Well I mean I can make it display in the render frame, but I just have to do it differently. The way I was trying to do it was sort of unwise now that I reflect upon it. I mean I thought it would work fine at the time.. But I'll just have to add it again in a different way later.