Question / Help Per Scene Settings (Audio Quaestion)

AndyBaines

Good evening,

I've read that OBS Studio currently doesn't keep settings per scene for video, I can't find a way to specify different audio levels of a source per scene so is it a safe assumption that the same is for audio currently..?

In which case does anyone know of a plugin similar to OBS Classic DirectShow Audio Source Plugin please..?
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/directshow-audio-source-plugin.32/

Thank you for any response or advice.

Andy :)

AndyBaines

That's pretty useful of Studio as I had all my sources global in Classic to avoid delayed/jerky loading when transitioning, would still hope that scene-specific volume/filters are going to be possible in the future, love what I've played with so far in Studio..! :D

AndyBaines

Good evening, is it still "a thing" that OBS Studio scenes do not save the audio levels separately..?

2 video capture input, both scenes have both videos showing, 1st scene has 1st audio muted, 2nd scene has 2nd audio muted.

AndyBaines

Sorry for bringing this up again, I couldn't find any options in the latest OBS Studio, is there any way currently to have per-scene audio levels to allow switching between scenes and change the audio levels..?

AndyBaines

For example, using OSB Classic at 1:50:30 is in this stream Tahra disappears and I switch so my view is the larger view, I also have the audios switch so that my capture device is now the sound being streamed rather than hers using the DirectShow plugin mentioned in my first post, I've been unable to replicate the same video/audio output in OBS Studio and am just hoping it's me being dim..?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124967789

https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongHandsomeBulgogiFutureMan

Thank you very much for any response.

EBrito

Try this:
1.- Create a scene with only one source.
Apply filter for audio levels in SCENE (not in source! )

2.-Use scene as a Source in final scene

You can have several "1.-" and use different sound levels, though.

AndyBaines

I'm looking into Studio again in the hope of moving from OBS Classic but I do not see such filter options listed under scene filters, just video related ones. Am I misunderstanding and looking in the wrong place, what you're suggesting makes sense but doesn't seem to be an option.

Thank you very much for any help..! :)

EBrito

Yes, you are right. Via Scene, no audio filter is available. You only get effect filters.

A way to get audio filter:
Make a scene
Add audiop input or output capture
You can add a filter in audio source BUT any time you use the same audio source, that filter will be set.
(So, do not reuse audio input or output)

Try this. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

AndyBaines

The audio is not listed separately from the video capture devices which is what I think "DirectShow Audio Source Plugin" allowed on OBS Classic. I was hoping it OBS Studio would have a toggle for allowing device volumes to be set per scene or allow the audio devices to be listed similar to how the old plugin worked.

AndyBaines

Am I correct in thinking that if the "Gain" audio filter could be applied to the a scene while it is being used as a source in another scene, this would be a great solution to my issue..?

It would allow me to turn the volume completely down on a source in a specific scene..?

If that's the case, could this be made possible and I would be happy to test it..! :D

AndyBaines

I assumed I was wrong I was excited by your reply until I realised the gain filter cannot be applied to scenes, I'm just trying to mute specific sources on specific scenes, is there really no way to accomplish that in OBS Studio..? At this point I'd be willing to pay money for that feature..! :P Not loads as I don't have much. ;)

EBrito

I think you can add audio sources (Audio Input Capture) in selected scenes, and not in "muted" ones.
With Audio Router and virtual cables you can divert audio to virtual cables inputs, and capture virtual cables outputs as audio input sources.