PCIe Capture Card Not Detected By OBS Anymore

guillaumesoucy94

Hello,

After a power flash, my BlackMagic Intensity Pro 4K PCIe capture card isn't recognized anymore by OBS but when doing

Code:
lspci

The capture card is detected by Linux Mint as it gave this result:

Code:
01:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K

I did try:

1. Rebooting the rig.
  2. A different PCIe slot.
  3. Reinstalling drivers.
  4. Removing and re-installing OBS Studio.
Nothing of those fixes the issue but a very strange thing, I do have 2 different account on the computer, one to stream contents ans another one just to records raw footage without webcam and special effect. The issue aren't affecting the account for streaming purposed, only the one used to record.

I'd create a third account and simply naming it "test" and it also affected by the issue.

There are logs for the "recording" account in the attached file.

The computer is running Linux Mint 21 x64 and it fully updated.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Attachments

• 2022-10-17 10-24-32.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 15

guillaumesoucy94

Hello,

I did some more tests, the software who came with the PCIe Intensity Pro 4K capture card is able to detect the card on both accounts. Even on the account with the “problematic” OBS instance.

However, OBS is able to detect the Logitech webcam on both accounts. The webcam is USB.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guillaume

Tuna

> 10:24:59.405: User added source 'Video Capture Device (V4L2)' (v4l2_input) to scene 'Scene'

If you try the V4L2 for a Decklink you are out of luck. That was never supported. You need to add a Decklink Source.

guillaumesoucy94

> 10:24:59.405: User added source 'Video Capture Device (V4L2)' (v4l2_input) to scene 'Scene'

If you try the V4L2 for a Decklink you are out of luck. That was never supported. You need to add a Decklink Source.
It was working before the power cut. Nothing changed before and after the electrical flash.

Tuna

Decklink cards never implemented the Video 4 Linux API.. That's why there is a specific plugin for these cards.

Tuna

You will have to add it via the Decklink source, not the V4L2 source.. just pick the right source type. If it no tlisted there your install of OBS was not build with Decklink support.

guillaumesoucy94

Hello,

I just notice that there was a new source in the list since the streaming rig was powered off by a flash. Because OBS was updated just before the event, when I turned it back on I was needed to select "Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K" from the list. This is probably why it wasn't working, because I had the source selected from the old menu.

Thank-you

Guillaume