Question / Help Output video is really buggy and super slow

carlmmii

Nothing in the logs indicate rendering or encoding lag. What program are you using to watch the recording? Also, what do you mean by "slow"? Is the playback choppy, or is it actually playing back at slower-than-realtime?

There are a few things to note though...
- You're on an out of date version of OBS. The auto-update feature on 22.0.2 is broken. You'll need to manually download the latest version (24.0.3 as of right now).
- You're recording to .mp4. That is generally not a good idea at all, due to how .mp4 files are stored. Any problem encountered during saving will result in the entire video file being lost. .mkv and .flv do not have this problem, and if .mp4 is absolutely needed, those files can be remuxed afterwards using OBS built-in feature for it.

If updating and recording to .mkv don't fix the issue, then try changing your encoder to x264. There may be something weird going on with the AMF encoder that is causing the issues.

carlmmii

What didn't work? Logs show you're still on 22.0.2 and using the AMF encoder.

Again, what issue are you actually seeing? Is it stuttering in playback, or is the playback slower than realtime?

ManiTheGranny

The video is like glitchy, what i mean by glitchy is that its like half a frame per second, the audio is normal tho. Also i installed the thing you told me to install and i used it, ill try reinstalling it. also do u use x264 or the other thing

Last edited: