Output on Mixcloud sounds 'tinny'.....lacking in bas

ElectroWaveShow

Hi

We run an internet radio station and we are broadcasting to Mixcloud Live via the OBS Studio. There is nothing fancy about it. We use radio.co to host our station and by pressing play on the radio.co webpage (on Chrome, just the one tab open), our station plays. I use the desktop audio as an output and that them streams to Mixcloud Live. I'm using a really basic image slideshow as video

When I listen to the output on radio.co, the music sounds fine, but when I listen to it on Mixcloud Live, there seems to be no bass and sounds like it's broadcasting on a really cheap radio. This is a recent thing, as in the last day or so. It was fine over the weekend.

We broadcast on radio.co at 128kbps and the feed from OBS is the same.

I've rebooted and restarted OBS and there are no other audio devices linked to the PC, Bluetooth is also turned off.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Stuart

yferro

I thought there would be an answer on here. My team and I have the same issue. And we are running audio via USB from our Presonus Mixerboard with all plugins and drivers installed and we still get this light (lacking bass) sound. Can someone help us out here please? we also tried using an audio feed onto the computer's audio input, thinking that it was probably a driver issue, Still got the same issue when running audio directly. I'm posting this here hoping that if OBS team sees multiple people with the same issue that they would see more of an urgency to help fix it.

Hi, I ran into this thread. I have not yet streamed anything on Mixcloud, but I'd suggest it could be accidentally streaming in mono? Check out all your stream settings, make sure to look in the Advanced settings under Output, and try checking, or unchecking, "ignore setting recommendations" under Stream.

You can also try adding the NDI Output plugin, and listen to your OBS output through the NDI Studio Monitor, to troubleshoot, As far as I know, this is the best way to hear your actual output audio, rather than the built in OBS monitoring, which can be different from what is being streamed.

If you have the ability to post some samples of the issue, and a screen capture of your Output settings, I bet you'll get more helpful suggestions.