OSB freezing as virtual camera in Zoom

crzyg8r

Multiple times lately I'll be using OBS in a Zoom Webinar or Meeting and the obs feed is either extremely slow and lagging, freezes completely, is blurry, the screen share is just a blank black screen to my viewers/attendees, or a combination of all of these issues.

When this happens, I change my camera option to the direct camera (instead of obs) and screen share directly to the element (desktop, browser, etc) and immediately my viewers/attendees tell me that the view is crisp, better timed, etc.

Please help me with this issue cause i am on the verge of ditching obs as this issue continues to happen.

Log file:

princesskatja

I find that I can only run 3 cameras. I can put them on separate hubs, etc. but 3 appears to be the limit. Zoom/windows has no issue. So frustrating. I want to use OBS for scene switching with Streamdeck for live teaching but can't really trust it to perform.

crzyg8r

I find that I can only run 3 cameras. I can put them on separate hubs, etc. but 3 appears to be the limit. Zoom/windows has no issue. So frustrating. I want to use OBS for scene switching with Streamdeck for live teaching but can't really trust it to perform.
I am having the issue with 1 camera on a mac that has 16g of ram to the point where lately I have ditched OBS completely as I can't trust it either. And so far no one has really offered any help in these forums (your response was the closest). Pretty frustrating

secuspec

Obviously broken. I am experiencing the same problems. If I restart OBS, the virtual camit is running a few seconds then it starts lagging and finally freezes. OBS itself is running and the control picture is running smoothly.
That's unusable regretfully :-(

Hi everyone, I had the same issue and found a solution - at least on my end. If you change your output to 720, this seems to resolve this issue.

It is a bit annoying that you have to do this as you didn't need to before - and if you are wanting to stream/record in 1080 you can't now. For my purposes 720 will work fine so I have just switched the output to 720. However I hope this is updated for people for whom that isn't an option.

secuspec

Hi everyone, I had the same issue and found a solution - at least on my end. If you change your output to 720, this seems to resolve this issue.

It is a bit annoying that you have to do this as you didn't need to before - and if you are wanting to stream/record in 1080 you can't now. For my purposes 720 will work fine so I have just switched the output to 720. However I hope this is updated for people for whom that isn't an option.

Indeed that was part of the solution. Many thanks for this hint.

Best regards,
Steffen

kpsoundsup

I just began having this issue with some macs at my work. They've been running smoothly for 2 months, nothing has been changed or updated. OBS - > NDI - > Zoom. Outputting at 720p. Everything is fine and then it will just brick and freeze at random intervals.