Question / Help Option I need is not showing in Window Capture

zajanatural

I am trying to window capture Bluestacks. It is open, as you can see in the background. But it is not showing as an option in OBS.

Attachments

• screen-shot-2020-03-15-at-12-2.jpg
    screen-shot-2020-03-15-at-12-2.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 1,141

Narcogen

Make sure OBS has permission to perform capture in System Preferences > Privacy.

If BlueStacks uses hardware acceleration, it can't be captured by window capture unless you can turn it off. This may be fixed in a future version, not sure.

Not all applications can be window captured. In this case, display capture is the workaround.

zajanatural

Make sure OBS has permission to perform capture in System Preferences > Privacy.

If BlueStacks uses hardware acceleration, it can't be captured by window capture unless you can turn it off. This may be fixed in a future version, not sure.

Not all applications can be window captured. In this case, display capture is the workaround.

I figured it out. I had to click on "Show windows with empty names" and then it showed up.

Maybe you can help me with something else though. I connected my Mac Mini to my HD60s so my son can play Roblox with a computer. I am using another Mac to capture it. Everything works fine except the audio. I can't get the game audio to work. I am confused as to how to get the game audio into OBS. I am able to do it with the consoles through the analog audio, but the Mac Mini audio is puzzling.

Narcogen

You need to send audio on the machine running the game to the HDMI port so that the HD60s can see it.

If you still need local audio on the machine playing the game, create an aggregate output device in MIDI setup and include both the HDMI port and a local port.