Question / Help Only audio podcast

JoyPhillip

Hey, I've been working for days here to make my podcast be recorded on my own PC so it can be uploaded to Blog Talk Radio. It's an audio only podcast and the one feature I had to have is the one that I get with this software, namely the ability to record from Skype.

But I have this problem.

This software seems to be built around the proposition that I want to stream games or video with comentary as part of it. I don't need the video at all for what I want to do. So I'd like to be able to turn off the video parts or save the output as a MP3 rather than an MP4.

Is there some setting I need to hit or is there a plugin I'm missing that will allow me to do either of these?

JoyPhillip

Sapiens said:
Sounds like you're using the wrong tool for the job. Why not use a program like Audacity instead?
Tried it, no combination of settings could capture the Skype call properly. I can record my side of the conversation, but when you add in the guy I co-host with it falls down.

I can have him record his side and me mine, and edit them together, but I want a tool that can do both. and I don't have the money to pay for something that will do it like Evayer. This was suggested to me by a friend, my cousin. If I can't do it, I can't. And I can keep looking, but it would be good if I could do it with this.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
OBS isn't going to do what you want without some extra work on your part (mainly demuxing the MP3 audio track from the MP4/FLV container that OBS writes). It really isn't designed for straight audio recording. For recording Skype calls specifically, how about http://atdot.ch/scr/ ?

JoyPhillip

Okay, found out how to convert an MP4 to MP3 with Audacity. That's good, so I'll just be going now. Thanks Sapiens for your help.