LIKE THIS BLACK SCREEN DOESNT GO AWAY I TRIED USING 32 BIT AND 64 NOTHING CHANGES ITS THE SAME BLACK SCREEN EVEN I UPDATED IT TO 21.1.2
LIKE COME ON!
OBS = ONLINE BLACK SCREEN? WTF

bambo

Ive got the same thing! but im using a capture card and trying to stream off my ps4 but window capture only shows black...

bambo

Provide your OBS log.
it was the settings on its own, im new to this whole thing. also I got advice from someone on here that my capture card is wrong for my laptop, its a gamecaster hd capture card usb 2.0. they said its not compatible with my laptop and that laptops need capture cards with usb 3.0 is this correct?

Harold

A capture card being usb 2.0 and trying to capture high definition content is going to have MAJOR encoding lag on the capture card, since the 480mbit of USB 2.0 is NOT enough for a high definition signal without compression.

And that still doesn't change my instructions.

bambo

A capture card being usb 2.0 and trying to capture high definition content is going to have MAJOR encoding lag on the capture card, since the 480mbit of USB 2.0 is NOT enough for a high definition signal without compression.

And that still doesn't change my instructions.
What capture card would you recommend for ps4 streaming? Im using a laptop.

bambo

https://obsproject.com/wiki/Laptop-Performance-Issues

Capturing the PS4 share app generally requires display capture from what I've seen.
And for capture cards for laptops, either the startech usb3hdcap or the blackmagic intensity shuttle.
Im talking like using a capture card to pass it from my tv to my laptop and to stream to twitch using obs. I honestly dont know why the one i have (game caster HD capture card) doesnt work, it says it work from what im reading. But all i get is black screen. Last question. Does the resolution have to be exactly the same on obs and on the capture card?

Harold

You shouldn't be window capturing the capture card software to add it to obs. You should be adding it as a video capture device.