Question / Help Odd issue with reastream/REAPER and OBS

OmegaArchetype

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get audio from Reaper through to OBS and I've followed the tutorials, uninstalled both REAPER and OBS a couple of times and still I get this weird situation where reastream is working, but only after I hit enter when the plugin is open (specifically, when I hit enter while in the "Identifier" field.) Audio comes through for roughly two seconds and then it goes away. I don't know what is interfering exactly, but it is quite frustrating.

I've illustrated it here in this video I made of what's happening: https://youtu.be/nTuAC1xvh10

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with ASIO and the latest version of REAPER as well as the lastest version of ReaPlugs VST (v2.36) all 64-bit versions. Hopefully this is a simple fix, but this is certainly getting on the side of ridiculous. I've tried troubleshooting everything I could think of and still, nothing works.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!

Attachments

• 2020-03-26 21-26-18.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 267

Damooch916

I watched a tutorial where the guy asked you to set up "audio output capture" and users had this very issue. Use "audio input capture" and you should be fine.

aurygami

Hello,
Do you resolve this problem ? Because I have same problem, and sometime it's work and sometime no, I try to send Reaper to Cubase with Reastream and it work directly, but with OBS it's strange ..
Thans for your help

aurygami

Hi, I found an issue ! In fact you must open a "aux line", and after you create your new sound "capture out" with the filter reastream, and next you need to activate de monitoring for the "sound capture out". And normally all works now.

OmegaArchetype

Hey Everyone, sorry about that. I did find a solution, but it isn't using Restream. It's using ReaRoute and OBS ASIO, it does the same thing restream does, but successfully haha. Well, successfully for me.

Springbo

@OmegaArchetype @aurygami I brought this to the Reaper Blog Community Group on Facebook and someone came up with a pretty great solution:

Create a Media source in OBS that loops a silent .wav file and put the ReaStream plugin on that. Works!

cmxTV

I watched a tutorial where the guy asked you to set up "audio output capture" and users had this very issue. Use "audio input capture" and you should be fine.
if i do this it works, but i i either have to have mono sound via my interface or my webcam mic. in both cases i got micsound on the relinked track.

DylboFPS

@OmegaArchetype @aurygami I brought this to the Reaper Blog Community Group on Facebook and someone came up with a pretty great solution:

Create a Media source in OBS that loops a silent .wav file and put the ReaStream plugin on that. Works!
This was an incredibly surprising and helpful tip that works brilliantly! Especially trying to separate raw audio input from your interface and Reastream. Thanks for this!!!

moritzsur

The fix is using audio input recording instead of audio output recording (at least I think thats what its called in english, my obs language is german).