OCR - Text Recognition & Detection built-in OBS

OCR - Text Recognition & Detection built-in OBS v0.0.7

royshilkrot

royshilkrot submitted a new resource:

OCR - Text Recognition built-in OBS - Extract text from any OBS source in real-time

The OCR Plugin for OBS provides real-time Optical Characted Recognition (OCR) or Text Recognition abilities over any OBS Source that provides an image - can be Image, Video, Browser or any other Source. It is based on the incredible Tesseract open source OCR engine, compiled and running directly inside OBS for real-time operation on every frame rendered.

If this free plugin has been valuable to you consider adding a ⭐ to...

Read more about this resource...

waynieoaks

Hi

I was wondering if rather than updating a text source there is a way to trigger something else?
e.g. create a text file?

Basically I am hoping I could use this to recognize a death scene in a game and somehow trigger an action outside OBS (e.g. trigger a death action in Streamer.Bot). I have the ability to watch a folder or file for changes so if this created or edited a file - I could pick that up as a trigger for the action as OBS could not send a command to Streamer Bot directly.

royshilkrot

Hi

I was wondering if rather than updating a text source there is a way to trigger something else?
e.g. create a text file?

Basically I am hoping I could use this to recognize a death scene in a game and somehow trigger an action outside OBS (e.g. trigger a death action in Streamer.Bot). I have the ability to watch a folder or file for changes so if this created or edited a file - I could pick that up as a trigger for the action as OBS could not send a command to Streamer Bot directly.
That's such a good idea! I can implement that fairly easily
However if it's connectivity you're looking for maybe a websocket event would be better for streamer.bot.. I need to do some research though

Andrey2928

Здравствуйте. У меня это не работает. Я все настроил в соответствии с инструкциями
1705575555268.png

Borca

HI
I installed it and managed to test it with video source in OBS. One timer for 5 minutes in format mm:ss. It works but not smoothly - does not recognize all caracters - let's say timer says 2:23, and OCR output says 23 - without minutes. Tried different settings for OCR filter - the same. I have HP Zbook with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @ 2.80GHz, with 24 GB of RAM.
I stream handball games and currently working with Telescore scoreboard. It would be very nice just to be able to OCR time from hall's scoreboard.
Do you have any suggestion? Will have to try it in the hall with that scoreboard, and will report about it.
Regards
Boris

royshilkrot

HI
I installed it and managed to test it with video source in OBS. One timer for 5 minutes in format mm:ss. It works but not smoothly - does not recognize all caracters - let's say timer says 2:23, and OCR output says 23 - without minutes. Tried different settings for OCR filter - the same. I have HP Zbook with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @ 2.80GHz, with 24 GB of RAM.
I stream handball games and currently working with Telescore scoreboard. It would be very nice just to be able to OCR time from hall's scoreboard.
Do you have any suggestion? Will have to try it in the hall with that scoreboard, and will report about it.
Regards
Boris
Yes it's certainly possible, I'm sure we can work it out. Please reach out in a private message, or come to my live stream and I can help you out

Borca

Yes it's certainly possible, I'm sure we can work it out. Please reach out in a private message, or come to my live stream and I can help you out
First I will go to hanball hall and make some recording from scoreboard and try to set it up with that video. I go there this saturday. So I will "play" with OCR filter next week. Thanks. Regards froma Ptuj, Slovenia

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated OCR - Text Recognition built-in OBS with a new update entry:

v0.0.4 - Text detection mask output, File output, Fedora build

In this release:
  • Text detection mask to an image source of your choosing (composite with other filters for e.g. blur, hide or emphasize text content)
  • File output
  • Adding Fedora build-from-source instructions. Linux ❤️
Get support at https://discord.gg/CZBHWUTwts

Read the rest of this update entry...

PascalJuv

royshilkrot

Hello ,

Many thanks for this plugin !! very nice to interact with players !!
I have a question .. is it possible to use the variable with the OCR to an external script ?
I want to take the text and wotk the text in a extern python script or PHP , is this possible ?
Kind regards
Pascal
Yep - the plugin can save the output to a text file now, and you can monitor that with any external program or script.

Borca

First I will go to hanball hall and make some recording from scoreboard and try to set it up with that video. I go there this saturday. So I will "play" with OCR filter next week. Thanks. Regards froma Ptuj, Slovenia
I managed to make video of scoreboard in the hall. Put the video in OBS as video source - used some filter for cropping and then use ocr filter.
I had no success with that. I gives me back some output but far from the time that i would like to see. When I use ocr filter on simple text input in obs then ocr filter returns the text that I wright to that file.

noizeproxy

That's such a good idea! I can implement that fairly easily
However if it's connectivity you're looking for maybe a websocket event would be better for streamer.bot.. I need to do some research though
This is almost exactly what I’ve been wanting to do for awhile. Any updates on this?

I play a game called “The Finals”, and you typically get a 1-4 placement at the end of each game. It will say “WINNER”, “SECOND PLACE”, “THIRD PLACE”, or “FOURTH PLACE”. I thought it would be cool to be able to maybe feed those images to AI or something to teach it to recognize that text/image, then trigger something. Or in the case of OCR, have it write that text to a file, then have Streamerbot read that file every second, and “if line is “WINNER” run *action*”

Hope that makes sense. It’s just an example of the direction I’d like to go. I’ve seen your stuff on YouTube where you’re trying to integrate AI into OBS, so I would love to talk to you more about this. Ever since I saw what Lachlan did back in 2020 with image recognition to trigger changes in his background, I’ve thought it was strange that we don’t have something like that available now, with AI being so much more advanced.

petjo10

Hi,
Would it be possible to add a media (video) source legth (tim, min,sec) on top of a vlc playlist.
Like you can see in the source window?
1710245577182.png