OBSCurrentSong (Spotify)

Free OBSCurrentSong (Spotify) V1.28

Rotinx

Ok so I used Snip before I realized it wouldn't display local files as they use Spotify API, and this is the only app that allowed me to read them.
As a 24/7 Radio Streamer it would have been a mess if I didn't find this app, you just saved me.
I will give to your patreon if the app does its job and if I grow using it.

The stream will be on this youtube channel within a week from now : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJSwG1stwl4QqgqoA0Hxmtg?view_as=subscriber

Monstar

Hello Monstar,
Thank you for your comment, I'm glad I was able to help you! I'll be sure to check out your stream sometime.

Best regards
-W0lf

Rotinx

Last edited:

Forte

I love this app, its working almost perfectly.
My one gripe is that i have local files that are named in languages that arent english, using Japanese or Korean text, and it doesnt appear to be able to read and display those. is there a fix for this?

I can confirm if it is not a local file but written in a language such as Kr or JP it still reads it fine.

I'll be checking this thread quite often, i love your work here.

EDIT: to add further to the confusion, some of my local files in the same language (JP) will display correctly, while others will simply not display at all.

EDIT 2: After fiddling around, it appears modifying the track directly and adding a "contributing artist" will fix the problem for files that still do not get read. Still a bit confused at why it fixes it most of the time, then there are a few songs that even if written in a different language but have no contributing artist, still have a text file that can be read by OBS.

Last edited:

Rotinx

I love this app, its working almost perfectly.
My one gripe is that i have local files that are named in languages that arent english, using Japanese or Korean text, and it doesnt appear to be able to read and display those. is there a fix for this?

I can confirm if it is not a local file but written in a language such as Kr or JP it still reads it fine.

I'll be checking this thread quite often, i love your work here.

EDIT: to add further to the confusion, some of my local files in the same language (JP) will display correctly, while others will simply not display at all.

EDIT 2: After fiddling around, it appears modifying the track directly and adding a "contributing artist" will fix the problem for files that still do not get read. Still a bit confused at why it fixes it most of the time, then there are a few songs that even if written in a different language but have no contributing artist, still have a text file that can be read by OBS.

Hello Forte

Thank you for you're constructive feedback. I'm not 100% understanding you're issue, are you saying my application isn't able to read and display the text or are you speaking about OBS it self not being able to read & display the text?

P.s Sorry for the late response I've been very busy lately.

Best regards.

Forte

application (not obs) doesnt read foreign language (like korean) song sometimes, but then it gets fixed the moment i edit the actual song itself and add in details like contributing artists (editing the actual properties of the mp3 itself).

thats how i thought it was, but then there were one or two korean tracks that were able to be read despite having no detailed contributing artist info

Rotinx

Hello Forte,
Spotify reads the songs contributing artists and everything else to grab the songs artist & song name.
Fixing this could be done by a quick script which changes every songs contributing artists and song etc to something that's a valid character in the english language like ABC etc.

Best regards.

Unhalted

Hi there,

I have been searching for something like this for ages, so thank you again for your amazing work <3

Just a quick question, is there any way of adding "Currently Playing" to the front of the "Artist - Name"? I currently just have a text file, but obviously, this doesn't hide when I pause the song...

Rotinx

Hi there,

I have been searching for something like this for ages, so thank you again for your amazing work <3

Just a quick question, is there any way of adding "Currently Playing" to the front of the "Artist - Name"? I currently just have a text file, but obviously, this doesn't hide when I pause the song...

Hello, I'm glad you found it!
Thank you for the feature request be sure to check out the new update.

Sorry for the late response I've been away for a bit.

Rotinx

RedW0lf007 updated OBSCurrentSong (Spotify) with a new update entry:

V1.28

Added sub prefixes, to set a sub prefix start the program and it will create a new config.json file and then look for "subprefix" and change null to "(Whatever you want you're prefix to be.)"

So if you changed subprefix to be "Current song - " like shown below it will place 'Current song - ' in front of all songs in the text file.

Which will look like this.
1546929139408.png

{
"spacing": null,
"subprefix": "Current song - '"
}
Once you have changed the config.json remember...

Read the rest of this update entry...