OBSCurrentSong (Spotify)

Free OBSCurrentSong (Spotify) V1.28

Rotinx

RedW0lf007 submitted a new resource:

OBSCurrentSong (Spotify) - Gets the current song playing on Spotify.

Display the current song on spotify!

1. Create a folder and extract the zip file in the folder.
2. Open OBSCurrentlyPlaying.exe
3. Go to OBS create a text source then press tick "Read from file" then select the text file where you placed in the folder you first created "OBSCurrentlyPlaying.exe" and select "currentsong.txt" which would have been created when you have opened the application.
4. Start Spotify and start jamming!

View attachment 35490

You should be all set to go enjoy,...

Read more about this resource...

Rotinx

It really needs some whitespace in the end and the ability to retrieve a song when spotify is minimized.

Hello Mepharees,
Thank you for taking the time to comment.
The application can only pick up the songs current song by keeping the window opened or minimised as long it is open in your taskbar it should work perfectly. The program can't pickup the song title when it's completely minimised to a icon in the lower right hand corner. Have a look at how I'm using it in the video and t should work fine.

Regarding your first concern, I'm not 100% sure what whitespace your taking about. I require more information from you to be able to solve this issue.

Thank you for your time, If you can give me more information about your first concern that would help a lot.

Best Regards
- W0lf

Unified

Very good program. Worked flawlessly for 2+ hours without issue.
The song update timer is faster than any other program I've personally seen.
Low CPU Usage even when a constant changing of songs.
Good Work Good Sir.

Rotinx

Very good program. Worked flawlessly for 2+ hours without issue.
The song update timer is faster than any other program I've personally seen.
Low CPU Usage even when a constant changing of songs.
Good Work Good Sir.

Hello Unified,

Thank you for your comment!
I'm glad that the program is working for you.
Feel free to submit any suggestions you have.

Best regards
- W0lf

Mepharees

Regarding your first concern, I'm not 100% sure what whitespace your taking about. I require more information from you to be able to solve this issue.

Hey there. Thanks for this tool!
I'm talking about much needed whitespace after the string is over, because as of right now, the output looks like this:
Artist - SongnameArtist - SongnameArtist.... etc.

It should be like:
Artist - Songname███Artist - Songname███etc.
█ = spaces

This is needed when you have scrolling text on Obs.

Mepharees

Great update, thank you so much.
Another suggestion would be to save the current song album art as an image.
Perhaps also include a setting in the json file for size, such as:
{
"spacing": " "
"albumsize": "3"
}

where 1/2/3 indicate the size ofc. Thanks again!

Rotinx

Great update, thank you so much.
Another suggestion would be to save the current song album art as an image.
Perhaps also include a setting in the json file for size, such as:
{
"spacing": " "
"albumsize": "3"
}

where 1/2/3 indicate the size ofc. Thanks again!

Hello, Mepharees
Thank you for the suggestion. I've done some research into your request and found out that there are two ways to do it but will compromise in a way the program functions.

One would be using the Spotify API which would be a slower response and you'll have to rely on that server to return that response also would require you to login into the spotify app to give the program rights to check these things which compromises the Anonymous factors of the program.

Two would be using a unofficial way which is 100% unreliable way which can be broken by a quick patch, and could lead to a breach in Spotify TOS which could get your account suspended.

If you would like a program that has this picture feature feel free to have a look at Marco Sadowski's project.
Which is built on the Metroframework.
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/spotify-stream-widget.664/

Thank you for taking the time to write a suggestion.

Best regards
-W0lf

havana97

Most people who stream enjoy using services such as Twitch.tv or Ustream to deliver video to viewers, and that works well enough. But sometimes you want some more control over your stream, or you want other people to be able to stream to you, or you want to stream to multiple places, or any number of things that requires you to have access to an actual RTMP stream from an RTMP server. This guide will cover the very basics of setting up a simple RTMP server on a Linux computer. Don't worry, it's...

Rotinx

Thank you for all the feedback, still have any ideas feel free to suggest them here and I'll see what I can do.

Monstar

Ok so I used Snip before I realized it wouldn't display local files as they use Spotify API, and this is the only app that allowed me to read them.
As a 24/7 Radio Streamer it would have been a mess if I didn't find this app, you just saved me.
I will give to your patreon if the app does its job and if I grow using it.

The stream will be on this youtube channel within a week from now : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJSwG1stwl4QqgqoA0Hxmtg?view_as=subscriber

Monstar