OBS wrongly records 30 dfps while settings remain untouched

horsebeard

Hi all, I noticed that when recording in OBS, the output isn't always consistent.

I've got my settings set at 30 fps capped (non-drop frame) in OBS, but I'm noticing that it sometimes outputs 29.7/29.8, intead of the correct 30 fps. Any idea what's causing this? Could it be a perfomance issue?

Thanks in advance.

qhobbes

qhobbes

Both of your logs show "fps: 30/1" and no skipped/missed frames. If OBS was set to record at 29.97 it would show "fps: 30000/1001"
1. Your Laptop has two GPUs. OBS is running on the weak integrated Intel GPU. For better performance as well as game capture being available you should run OBS on the dedicated GPU. Check the Laptop Troubleshooting Guide.
2. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window.

Lawrence_SoCal

That is an old CPU, and real-time video rendering is computationally demanding. To make matters worse, you are running this in a thermally constrained laptop. So beware CPU demanding filters and effects.
And recording at a framerate of 20000 means needing a decent performance sub-system. Hopefully your OS and recording target is a SSD, not spinning HDD (doable, maybe... but for reliability probably requires significant optimization/fine tuning)